Neutral Zone behaviour

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I played quite a few games of ST:TNG last night and it struck me that I had only gotten Ferengi multiball awarded from the Neutral Zone. I've not seen the Cardassian or Romulan modes at all.

On my own ST:TNG machine the award of these modes is random, so could anyone confirm if tournament mode is enabled in the operator settings in TPA or that something else is inhibiting the random award of these Neutral Zone modes?

To be honest, Ferengi is my favourite mode of the game (I love add-a-ball multiballs) so I'm not *that* upset about not seeing the others. ;)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Got Cardassians and Romulans just fine. Though I'm guessing it's not quite a random pattern...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've seen them all as well. Are you quitting the table mid-game? That resets the ROM to a known state...probably one where Ferengi Multiball is next up at the Neutral Zone.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I've seen them all as well. Are you quitting the table mid-game? That resets the ROM to a known state...probably one where Ferengi Multiball is next up at the Neutral Zone.
I've not been quitting mid-game. Sounds like I've just fluked getting Ferengi so many times in a row. Probably won't see it for days now. ;)

Anyway, it's good to know that the other modes are all present and correct.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It seems Ferengi are first on a new game, nevermind ROM reset.

And it seems the Fergengi are the most common - it's like 2 Ferengi, then a Romulan, then 2 Ferengi, then a Cardassian, then 2 Ferengi, then a Romulan then two Ferengi. So if it's random, it seems to follow that pattern - 8 Ferengi, 2 Romulans, 1 Cardassian over 11.

Members online

Members online