ST: TNG table art

night

May 18, 2012
Absence of shadows from the 3D elements on the table, for some odd reason it seems a hallmark of TPA tables. No use of shadows makes a table flat in appearance.
But besides the lack of shadows, I think the overall look of this table is good. (Most parts are scanned-in artwork of the original table, you can't go wrong here.) 3D elements look nice, chromework could be better. Let's not be too negative today, not bad at all, I think it's a pretty good looking table.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Best of all... unlike a number of recent tables, the inlanes and slingshots are illuminated as they should be. :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Well, let's wait and see what it looks like on X360 and PS3 (even if we have to wait a long time). I doubt they can get away with skipping table shadows on those platforms.
It's really weird though, considering all the table should be running on the same engine. Maybe they spend a long time building and adjusting a lighting map, and just didn't feel like spending time for that on the latest tables yet?

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
Hopefully this is the right place to post this...

The only glaring art-related flaw I've noticed on the ST table is the absence of any texture mapping on the Alpha ramp.

Nexus 7 - Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
But the Cirqus Voltaire flippers have shadows. You can see them right there when you move them out of the way.:D

night

May 18, 2012
But the Cirqus Voltaire flippers have shadows. You can see them right there when you move them out of the way.:D

Yeah, but the FarSight team has a priority list that gets bigger and bigger after each table pack. And I'll bet this isn't even on their list at all...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, but the FarSight team has a priority list that gets bigger and bigger after each table pack. And I'll bet this isn't even on their list at all...

Y'know, there's been a pile of stuff in my living room that I've been meaning to clear out for years, but I never get to it because other things keep receiving my attention. Oh well. I'll get to it someday. Yep. I sure will.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Absence of shadows from the 3D elements on the table, for some odd reason it seems a hallmark of TPA tables. No use of shadows makes a table flat in appearance.
But besides the lack of shadows, I think the overall look of this table is good. (Most parts are scanned-in artwork of the original table, you can't go wrong here.) 3D elements look nice, chromework could be better. Let's not be too negative today, not bad at all, I think it's a pretty good looking table.
I'm so glad this is a genuine general cosmetics-issue, and not some über-geeky complaint about a hull-pannel on quadant 45-b of the upper dish being a micremeter too wide.
tlhIngan Hol: bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts