Star Trek not up on "free" version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I have the free version of PBA but I own several tables. Twilight Zone, Scared Stiff, Big Shot, Party Monsters, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Tales of Arabian Nights.

When I go to the app store, you can see " star trek" but it wants me to pay .99 cents for the "paid" version. Free version still shows Twilight Zone.

Any workarounds? I have used up all my apple cash so I have to buy a new card before I can get the game, don't want to spend an extra buck if I don't have to.

Btw this has never been the case with the free version. I got Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone, Party Monsters, and Taxi day one so I don't know why it's like this this time.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I ended up buying the .99 cents, buying Star Trek, then re downloading my paid tables from the free version. The trick was, I have both versions on my ipad, and logged into both apps, the paid tables show up in each.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Bought the .99 version yesterday, deleted the free version and I have still all my tables.

Mattc

Dec 22, 2012
1st post here. I love this game and always eagerly await new updates from the updates tab on my ipad.
Like others tho i see no update but do see the paid version in the store.

From the reviews it seems you pay for the game but then must pay again for the new STNG table?
Can i not just update my current install anywhere, try the new table and then choose whether to pay like i always have done?
If i do buy the game again, what happens to my other table purchases from the free game version?

As these updates come out, i seem to get more and more frustrated with bugs and workarounds :(

J_R

May 31, 2012
just so you ”free” folks know, the non free game will see your purchased tables if you buy 99cent version. didn’t know that until today!! and now i have no more tz trouble!! jipiii

I have both versions on my iPhone 4, and logged into both apps, the paid tables show up in each.

Last edited:

milhouse6

Sep 28, 2012
Come on, a 24 hr lag between versions would be okay but this is insulting. After all the table purchases I'm, like, what, $60 into this game? Throw us a bone at least with an excuse or something for leaving free version owners in the gutter. I realize it's only a dollar, but come on. Why the clusterfudge this time?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The two versions get submitted at the same time. Furthermore:

The Pinball Arcade on Facebook said:
It also appears that the Free version of our iOS game has not been released. Apple is holding it for review due to their confusion over the Star Trek table and the new Star Trek movie franchise. You can still get the table, however.
Follow these steps:
1) Download the paid version
2) Restore transactions on the paid version
3) Purchase Star Trek.
This way you can still play the table, and when the free version is released, you can transfer that purchase to the free version.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Definitely annoying, and they got an extra 99cents from me out of it. Oh well.... St tng is pretty sweet so I forgive them. :cool:

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
It didn't get approved by Apple before they shut down for the holidays. We have to wait until they start approving apps again.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Star Trek was totally worth the extra buck and all my tables transferred so it's all good.

I know on principle we shouldn't have to pay but if you are still waiting I say just pull the trigger on it.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
There was no way I was waiting for the Free Version to update. ST:TNG all christmas weekend. And now the New Year. Is it bad I'm itching for the next table pack already??

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I think they should just make the 0.99 version free and remove the free version. Losing 0.99 by letting people play one table for free would likely be easily repaid by the good will that will come from removing this confusing situation, no longer competing with itself for positions on "top games" list, extra purchases of dozens of other tables and pro versions, etc.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
While that may be a good suggestion, if FarSight pays royalties based on downloads of tables, it would end up coating them every time someone downloaded the app with a free table.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The paid version was free for a week way back when - as the App of the Week or something.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Sure is. The new interface has gotten a lot of flak but I have no problem with it at all -I actually like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts