Zen Pinball 2 for PS3 and PS Vita

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Had an idea this was coming since the Zen developers hinted at it on their forums a couple months ago... Nice to have a general release date though.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, they keep leapfrogging between the platforms. Zen Pinball was better than Pinball FX, then Pinball FX 2 was better than Zen Pinball, and now Zen Pinball 2 will be better than Pinball FX 2...

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
It will be free if you've already purchased a previous version:

From the PSN US Blog:
"So, how will all of this work if you have purchased Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball and any DLC? It’s going to be super easy! When Zen Pinball 2 releases, you will simply need to download and install a game update, and your game will be updated FREE of charge. All of your tables will appear in one location, they will have received updated ball physics and graphics, new trophies and a much deeper social experience including in game notifications, friend challenges and even posting scores to Facebook. This free update is our way of saying THANK YOU for supporting Zen Studios and allowing us to continue work on the game we love so much."

Good stuff, will check it out.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think it's launching with any new tables (at least none that have been announced), but will include all previous Zen and Marvel tables.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think it's launching with any new tables (at least none that have been announced), but will include all previous Zen and Marvel tables.

Thanks! I hope they soon release Rome, Pasha, Secrets of the Deep, Buccaneer and others for PS3.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Thanks! I hope they soon release Rome, Pasha, Secrets of the Deep, Buccaneer and others for PS3.

Would love to have that happen. but microsoft and Sony Love their exclusives. They say Exclusivity ramps uo sales. Personally I hate Exlusive games. The only reason I bought the PS3 is that it had the BR player and interenet access isn't an extra charge on top of your regular internet service. Rome Pasha and Buccaneer look like intereting tables and I would grab them in a heart beat. That alone wont drive me to get an X-box

I'm looking forward to Zp2. Mostly because I can play all the Marvel/Zen tables in 1 application rather than opening them up seperately. PLus I think the scoreboards are being reset etc becuase of the new enhanced physics to all the tables.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Would love to have that happen. but microsoft and Sony Love their exclusives. They say Exclusivity ramps uo sales. Personally I hate Exlusive games. The only reason I bought the PS3 is that it had the BR player and interenet access isn't an extra charge on top of your regular internet service. Rome Pasha and Buccaneer look like intereting tables and I would grab them in a heart beat. That alone wont drive me to get an X-box

I'm looking forward to Zp2. Mostly because I can play all the Marvel/Zen tables in 1 application rather than opening them up seperately. PLus I think the scoreboards are being reset etc becuase of the new enhanced physics to all the tables.

I agree, exclusivity sucks and it also limits their sales in some way. I only have a PS3 console and I won't buy an X-box just to be able to play those other tables even as cool and fun as they look.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I hope it is better than FX2. FX2 may be the best version currently available but the physics are no where near being realistic.

Zen has said the physics are intentionally unrealistic to make it more appealing to casual players.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yeah, they keep leapfrogging between the platforms. Zen Pinball was better than Pinball FX, then Pinball FX 2 was better than Zen Pinball, and now Zen Pinball 2 will be better than Pinball FX 2...
. . . and Pinball FX 3 will be better than Zen Pinball 2 (hopefully).

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The number one complaint I have with Zen right now are viewing angles. There are 7 (8 if you count view 2 w), yet not a single one is as good as TPAs 3. All the TPA tables let you see as much of the table as possible, and most let you see the entire table all at once, and even exceptions, such as View 2 BH, you're only missing a negligible part of the playfield, not to mention the smart zooming to see things upfield or in areas blocked or obscured by your standard view. With FX 2, you either get the whole table so zoomed out it's hard to make out anything, or so close you can't see the whole table. All but the bird's eye view cameras are angled low, and the bird's eye only gives the table about 50% of the screen, while the floor / borders take up way too much real estate. It is hard to make out any table details this way.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Does anybody know the tables list?

Earth Defense
El Dorado
Epic Quest
Excalibur
Mars
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Tribute
Paranormal
Shaman
Sorcerer's Laira
Street Fighter II Tribute
Tesla
V12
New table based on popular PopCap license. possibly Peggle or Plants Vs Zombies

Marvel

Wolverine
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Blade
Fantastic Four
Captain America
Ghost Rider
Moon Knight
Thor
X-Men
The Infinity Gauntlet
World War Hulk
Fear Itself
The Avengers

All these table will get revamped physics and sharper graphics.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
hahahahaha YES !!!!!!!!!! I can't wait, it's gonna be so cool... and, of course, in stereoscopic 3D !! How that pans out will be interesting, I'll post as soon as I try it...

edit: I was actually stoked at the thought of Peggle being the PopCap game, but thinking about it now, I think Plants vs Zombies would make the better pinball table. Otherwise it's just Pachinko, right ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.