Checked out Wizard Of Oz by Jersey Jack today *pics*

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Beautiful pin. Checked it out with smooverr and wow this is a pretty table in person.

Everything about this pin screams quality. Great use of color throughout the playfields and the LEDs that change colour add a whole new dimension to a table - wow!

Very very impressive.

Stern has to up their game. They look like toys next to this thing.

N

netizen

WOZ reminds me of what a Zen table would look like in real life. Much more organized and cleaner but with some elements that aren't traditionally seen, imo

Mostly it's those mini flipper sections that are like the upper part on the Sorcerers Lair table. Maybe i'm just strange like that.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Jerseyjack pinball is a new pinballcompany. Woz is their first machine.

Jack, who had worked at stern and has a life long into pinball wanted to raise the bars for pinball.

He promised new stuff, better quality, better rules, etc etc.

New company, so delays.... But to be fair, thats normal starting everything from te ground up. But now they are close, i think test machines are all over and they are working hard to finish the code.

You can still buy them, even le editions you can buy when you search good. 8000 euros on about.

My personal view.

I am very happy we have a new company, an the machine looks stunning and i am very excited about the lcd.

But dont like the theme at all. Dont like the miniplayfields and rest of lay out. Generally i dont like the gameplay what ive seen so far. Off course, we have yet to see modes and rest of code, but ok, i am not impressed about gameplay so far.

The machine will be out from end this year till 2 months later.

The next pin of jjp will be the hobbit, it is announced two weeks back. And when think of loft as a great pin, but with new technology, i am expecting a great jjp #2. This pin will be out in july 2015. Orders are taken right now.

Hope to informed you good enough despite my bad english.

Ps. Her are some other new companys trying to steup a company. One of them is skitt.b. They are working on a predator pin. And some spanisch dudes building a captain nemo pin.

Excting times for pinball, o think its the best time since the 90 s. If only the prices where not that high i could affort a NIB myself.

But 8000 euros........ Way to much.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
You dont't like the THEME???? The Wizard of OZ is the great grandad of all big budget Fantasy films . Nothing before it had ever been attempted and it was one of the earliest color films , which is why they filmed the beginning in Black and White , to illustrate the brilliant new technology . It is a part of Americana , a classic that sits with the greatest films of Hollywood . You may not have grown up with it , as Americans have . It's our Pippi Longstocking , it's iconic .

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I also hate the theme. I can't imagine listening to the music and sound effects from this table for hours on end. Extremely annoying.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The coolest part about it is the JERSEY JACK animated logo. I seen it at PAC PIN EXPO wasnt impressed. Good to see another hat in the ring although they seem to be going along with the movie themes.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I also hate the theme. I can't imagine listening to the music and sound effects from this table for hours on end. Extremely annoying.

You're dead to me.

Lol....but seriously, HOW can you not like WOZ??? Either way, the table is absolutely spectacular. It literally makes every table that's ever been made before it look dull by comparison (except maybe Tron LE). The crystal ball is amazing, the outlane bumper game is a stroke of GENIUS. The toys are great (spinning house, witch magenets, Tree bumpers), the upper playfield is fun! The theme integration (whether you like it or not) is up there with the best of them. And it FEELS like an old school pin, and not the lightweight toys of the Stern era (Yes I still love Sterns machines). And this is without the full rules or animations implemented!

The flying monkey magnet just makes you smile :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I have nothing against the film but just can't imagine listening to that twee tune for
literally 100's of hours while playing pinball. Gives me shudders just thinking about it.

karl

May 10, 2012
Not that fond of the theme but it does not bother me that much either. Would prefer alice if we must have a children's book for a pinball. It looks really gorgeous though and if the rules are good and the new lcd is put to good use I would buy it in a heartbeat if I suddenly became a millionaire. I understand that it have to be more expensive than the Stern ones and I think the competition will sharpen up old man Stern but how many can afford this beauty I wonder. Is it enough to sell 1000 units to keep the company alive? If so, Hats off to Jersey Jack. Anyway, will be very interesting to see what they can do with the Hobbit.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Awesome thanks for posting this. I've already pre-orderd my Hobbitt table from Jersey Jack and this thread just got me even more excited for it!

Logan812

Jul 9, 2012
Woz is maybe a nice theme for kids.

And maybe its big in america, but in the netherlands woz is nothing special.
It's really not that huge in America either. The biggest thing about WOZ is the "Dark Side of the Rainbow." That would be a cool wizard mode for this table assuming JJ could get licensing from Pink Floyd.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts