Android V1.9.1: Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Yep, Sean.

V 1.9.1 has addressed those issues successfully, and very quickly too I might add.
Rotation issue is corrected, tables run smoother on My ASUS TF700T running stock JB 4.1.1 with most recent firmware.

Thanks Ryan !

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Won't disappear, even if I log in! I have no way to play this. It just won't work. Sorry Ryan. You're a top guy by the way. Sony xperia t. updated. Can't select 'settings', or my tables, and login wobt

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Seems my phone fudged up my post above.
I have nothing now, it won't log in properly, it won't select anything on screen at all now. Just uninstalled, and re installed, still nothing. I'm unable to do anything at all.
I'll wait patiently for the fix after the holidays.
Sony xperia t, latest phone software, and ice cream sandwich.

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
I just registered to this forum to post my thanks for the fix (and so quickly too).

I downloaded the new version late last night and found I had massive problems with the orientation etc. Also the new STNG table wasn't allowing you to click the trigger button at the right times. Went to bed a bit depressed. When I work up I found there was a new update and all the problems were fixed! So that was very good thanks to everyone involved. I'll be spending Christmas playing these tables on my tablet.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
First, I just wanna say hello to everyone and Merry Christmas!

I'm new to the forums and have been playing TNG pretty much non-stop since I got it. My favorite pin of all time.

So just a few things I've noticed, and I know I've seen one or two of these mentioned already, but I thought I would reiterate:

1. Occasionally, the ball will launch from the plunger before the player touches anything. Hard to reproduce as it seems very random.

2. Occasionally, when the ball is in one of the two rotating launchers, pressing the trigger button activates the right flippers but the ball will not shoot. Again, very random.

3. Occasionally, just after entering Command Decision mode, it activates immediately without any input from the player. Again, very random.

4. Always, in Command Decision mode (except when #3 happens first obviously), pressing the trigger on any mission will instead activate the next clockwise mission.

5. (Not sure of the frequency here because I've only gotten there once), but when I played the Final Frontier mission, as soon as the action began the camera backed away from the table a couple of virtual feet making it very hard to see, and I could only control the left flipper for the duration of the mission. The right flipper was completely disabled. Immediately after the mission ended, control of the right flipper was regained.

I also remember something similar happening once during a Ferengi multi-ball sequence. The camera backed away from the table but I can't remember if I lost any flipper control that time. That one's a little hazy, but if there's some correlation between this and the Final Frontier bug I experienced, I thought it may be worth mentioning.

I can't tell you how happy I am with the game overall though. Thrilled that I can play my favorite table with virtually true to life physics. Was playing on Future Pinball before and spent more time tweaking the flipper adjustments than actually playing the game... there's just no comparison.

Many, many thanks to Far Sight for helping me relive some fantastic childhood memories. Keep up the good work, guys.

cyberghost74

Dec 25, 2012
i still got no EXIT BUTTON ! only pressing the HOME Button helps to get out of the game but the game still remains in memory, so we need a fix here!! QUICKLY or i will stop buying your tables!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ill ask those that design the ui, it wasn't designed that way since ios and android have home and back buttons. The home button seems to work on my S3, the app does not show as running when you hit the home button. Furthermore, when we were featured by Google they told us just to stop the threads that are running, thats all that matters for battery life is making sure our app isn't running in the background, but that apps stay in memory for some time for easy app shuffling, just the way it was designed I guess.

Like I said it appears to work for my S3 (ill check others when I get into the office) with the home button, but I will fix the back issue, seems to have been introduced when they pushed the new ui. I can ask management too about an exit button, but they would effectively do the same thing as home/back, we could just set the app state to a start state *shrugs*

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
The thing is Ryan, I have a button to bring up running apps, so if I do that and swipe to clear it, or hold it down to stop it, if I go into settings/apps its still running. Not sure if it's running in the background properly, but it's showing as still running in settings.

N

netizen

Is it just me or does this log in/leader board issue that is happening seem to be a Jelly Bean 4.2.* problem that has arisen since the change in the UI?

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Connection to the leaderboard is still unstable and unreliable. Even if you're finally and undeniably logged in, you find out later that connection was lost again. Improving your personal best on a table, only to discover the leaderboard didn't register it... again, is a nasty and unwelcome surprise. A leaderboard that doesn't adequately represent the accomplishements of it's players is pointless. If only the leaderboard would update itself according to locally stored hi-scores, whenever the connection isn't flaking out, this needn't be such a nuisance.

The problem occurs on icecream sandwich also by the way.

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Another leaderboard oddity.
My Moster Bash score under "friends" is 299,082,120. Under "My Score" it's 176,217,900
What the fudge? Even with a working connection it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online