Pinball Magazine is here

PinballMagazine

Dec 25, 2012
Hi All,

My name is Jonathan and I'm the managing editor of Pinball Magazine, a new, printed, in-depth glossy on pinball and the people who make it all happen. I signed up for this forum to do some research for an interview with Bobby King from Fairsight Studios. That should probably be published in the upcoming issue (No. 2), which will hopefully be out by March/April 2013.

Cheers!

Jonathan
Pinball Magazine
www.pinball-magazine.com
PM-christmas-card.png

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Welcome to the forum, Jonathan! Any chance we'll see a digital version of your magazine (in Newstand on iOS) in the future?

PinballMagazine

Dec 25, 2012
Welcome to the forum, Jonathan! Any chance we'll see a digital version of your magazine (in Newstand on iOS) in the future?

Thanks! There are no plans to do a digital version of the magazine. I've seen how e-books are shared: like MP3 files. Plus the glossy paper magazine is seen as something collectable. A digital e-book isn't.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
True, ebooks are shared all over, but I think it's very difficult to share a Newsstand magazine because of the DRM.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
One thing I'll say about Pinball Magazine is that it's not a "magazine" in the traditional sense. It's pretty thick to begin with. Much thicker than the Pingame Journal. Hi quality paper stock is used and there's very little in the way of ads. When I was finished reading the first issue, I put it on my shelf next to hard back pinball books. Not in the recycling like most magazines. It's definitely worth checking out an issue.

karl

May 10, 2012
Looking forward to the next issue. The Pinball Magazine is fantastic. Superb paper quality and a first class read.

night

May 18, 2012
Making a magazine is pretty expensive, hard copies are going to cost, and what about the copies you don't sell? I would put my money on a digital version, perhaps build in an App, which is much harder to share for free. If a digital copy of the magazine sells for a friendly price I would not be that affarid of free sharing like mp3's. Don't forget pinball has a specific scene, you can't compare it with mainstream music.

Members online

Members online