Pro mode is censored

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I purchased pro mode because I wanted mm to curse at me but instead it's actually now censored things that weren't previously censored! What. And I have no clue how to change the setting.

I must be the only person who bought pro mode for MM. Also Scared Stiff isn't I censored anymore either, so maybe it's a bug

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Wasn't the ROM always bleeped regardless of family mode being on or off? That's what made it funny.

I'M LORD HOWARD HURTZ AND WHO THE *bleep* ARE YOU

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Wasn't the ROM always bleeped regardless of family mode being on or off? That's what made it funny.

I'M LORD HOWARD HURTZ AND WHO THE *bleep* ARE YOU

There is no official rom with the swearing uncensored. There was an unofficial rom released but that would have to have been included in the game. I did see a "tip" somewhere within tpa that suggested it was uncencored though. I wonder if there is a way to set it to boot the official rom

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, I heard the difference between the "profanity" sound ROM and the regular sound ROM was that the bleep was removed - the sound internally is supposed to be uncensored and the bleep done in software (with the option to remove it, but that was a feature that never made it). Something like that anyhow.

The problem is the DCS part isn't emulated in TPA from what I hear - so you can't change out the sound ROM - you actually have to replace the sound files in the table.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah there's a MM here in Pittsburgh that has "uncensored" rom as in yes, he says "Who the Bleep are you" without the bleep. (it also has a color DMD which is pretty cool).

Thing is, I think it's funnier with the bleep. It's not 1997 and I'm not 13 anymore, back then I'd have probably been like "OMG IT ACTUALLY CUSSES WHOA HOW COOL" now not so much.

Well then Farsights newsletter really lead me astray. Technically, we've always had the uncensored rom! Unoffical hacks do not count in my book. I thought maybe there was more speech that I wasn't aware of, hence why I bought the pro mode. I wouldn't have paid 3.99 to just hear an unbleeped F-Bomb on one line of dialog. I fully expected plenty of new stuff but I guess I should have done my homework...

netizen: that's just it, I can't find that setting anywhere in the operators menu. I can't find it in Scared Stiff, either. Now here's the weird thing. Before, on Scared Stiff it just defaulted to the extra speech (I say extra speech because IMO there's nothing "uncensored" about a couple extra, barely suggestive quips... in fact, the most suggestive of all quips, is family mode only! RE: 'good head'). Now, it's family mode default. I think it's a glitch.

So MM when you turn pro mode on, lord Howard Hurtz doesn't even say anything! When you are doing the sexy damsel it either says nothing or there's a big "CENSORED" on the DMD! I can't find the setting to change it anywhere!

So if anyone knows where the setting is and how to change it on Scared Stiff, let me know. On MM, I'm just playing the regular game since it's actually the uncensored, official rom.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Ok I figured it out. Thanks to the Scared Stiff thread.

Yeah, Family Mode was on. Family Mode OFF is, uhh, exactly the same as it's always been. I'll keep playing but I can't notice a single difference.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There is no official rom with the swearing uncensored. There was an unofficial rom released but that would have to have been included in the game. I did see a "tip" somewhere within tpa that suggested it was uncensored though. I wonder if there is a way to set it to boot the official rom
Mike said they had to alter the ROM so that the bleep is permanent and cannot be removed. Ever since the "hot coffee" fiasco, the ESRB has declared that anything on the disc, including unplayable content that must be hacked to be seen, will affect the rating. To avoid that, FS had to change the ROM.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts