Ball rolling sound

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Please improve or remove the ball rolling ambient sound... It's not only realistic (the sound is just looping infinite and no connection with actual ball movement), but its "wind blowing" ambient sound is VERY annoying to be forced to hear long time especially on Big Shot and Black Hole :( Why on why ball has to rolling in a snow storm :confused: Perhaps it's trying to add atmospheric feel or something but not working. It's maybe better to remove it.
(By the way, Black Hole's lower table's background noise is an original sound effect?)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
while i agree it might need abit more of a random sound, you cant have the ball not roll,

silent and stdm ...

i cant say it bothers me but id certainky miss it if it was removed!

and yeah blackhole howling which is pretty funny and cool

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I dont want it removed , so much as I want it replaced with something with more BASS , it just lacks the sound of a steel ball under glass rolling on a wooden platform , it shouldnt sound so muted , somewhere it's lacking. It sounds like the samples are recorded with glass off pinball machines , the difference can be heard on every Youtube video I watch .

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Is it that hard or resoruce dimanding to implement more realistically? War Pinball does do this relatively well. Current TPA sound file is just endlessly looping so nothing with actual ball action. If it has to be like this, at least please make a better sound file - it's LOOPING, so remove the storm and make the transition more subtle and smoother so that it would sound it's looping!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I agree with the ball rolling sample feeling very out of sync. Sounds like a lot of VP tables and was one of the things that really irritates me about VP.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
To do it properly they need microphones to make it stereoscopic as well so when it rolls down the left, you hear it closer on the left...

Though the sound needs to be less generic. Stern tables are flimsier feeling and have a more hollow ball sound (this applies when the ball hits stuff as well), while Williams tables feel more solid so they should have more solid sound to them.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Wow, I gotta admit I never noticed anything wrong with this sound... I guess we're in a nitpicking mood today. :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Someone nailed it when they said it sounds like when you hold a seashell to your ear. It has bothered me ever since I read that. I hadn't noticed that before I read it.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Wow, I gotta admit I never noticed anything wrong with this sound... I guess we're in a nitpicking mood today. :)

No were in a fine tuning mood , that's what the forums are for to suggest what could be better , not begging for new tables they dont have licenses to, not trying to make FarSight have a bad day. If you watch a real pinball machine , there's a sound , and it's more DEEP in tone , and this sound is soo easy to change in their game and would add more depth and realism .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.