No Tables Loading on new mini device

WildWingMafia

Nov 8, 2012
Is it any wonder I *****? Got a mini for Christmas. Restored all of my apps from my gen1 iPad with no problem. My files are there. My music is there. Everything else works. Guess what doesn't? The Pinball Arcade. Oh sure, it knew I owned the game. But it thinks I own zero tables. (As opposed to all of them) Tried the usual 'login/logout', quit the game come back in, bury a statue of a saint in the flower bed, log back in crap and it didn't work.

Some people on this board probably think I should just thank my lucky stars that Farsight have a menu up where I can look at the tables I've bought. Just be patient because they're a small studio and you'll be able to play them soon. Coding is hard, waaaaaaaah!

So since Shortsight (new company name until they make their products user friendly and operational) is too busy or too small or whatever the excuse du jour is, can I get help from the forum to restore all of my tables on a new iPad?

Thanks in advance for the help from forum dwellers. To Shortsight? I'm done. My girlfriend is done. There's going to be quite a bit more of us who are 'done.' No kick starter campaigns. No new table purchases. Not until you fix your ****!!!

I wonder how IGN or GamesRadar or any number of publications would feel about the lack of attention regarding existing issues like this. Or the lack of respect kick starter contributors have received being unable to cash in on the games they were supposed to have received for free?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
1) Make sure you are using the version of TPA that you bought your tables on. Free or paid.

2) IN the right version (if it's paid, it's easy) - launch TPA. Ensure you are logged out of your farsight account.

3) Go to New Tables. Tap ANY table you know you own. It should ask if you wish to restore your purchases. Tap Yes and wait for the table to download and load. Tap Exit Table and you should see all the tables you own and you'll end up in the "My Tables" menu.

4) Go back to the main menu, and verify that New Tables shows only the tables you didn't buy via Apple.

5) Log into your farsight account.

6) Verify that New Tables shows the ones that you didn't buy and didn't get via kickstarter. If you do have a KS table showing there, tap it and it should put it in my tables,

7) IMPORTANT: QUIT TPA. Just quit it fully (press home button, then double-click home button, tap and hold the TPA icon in the drawer that pops up until it wobbles and tap the (-) sign to close it). Restart TPA and all should be well (this step is optional, but sometimes it cleans stuff up - for me, I did it so it says "New Tables (none)")

If you used the free version and then went paid, you need to do this with the free version to recover your purchases from Apple first. You need to log in to ensure the tables you bought are linked to your farsight account so when you log in via the paid version, it pulls the licenses back.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I had a similar issue with my iPad 3, but purchased the 99cent version, logged in, downloaded the demo tables, and magically my paid tables unlocked. Go figure.

Drink some egg nog, take a deep breath, relax, and try again. It will work. ;)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Also make sure your iTunes account is the same on the new mini. I had a friend who thought they were the same, but actually had a different account as the default on his iPad. It wouldn't recognize any of his previous purchases because they weren't made on that account.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Has anyone actually ran into that limit? As far as I know there are people who have what appears tons of iOS devices and they've never ran into it. I know there's no way to register or deregister the devices... (and I've gone through more than 5). I know there's a limit of 5 authorized PCs, and there was an old limit of 5 devices, but I haven't seen anyone hit the limit. Enough stuff has been released between iPods, iPads and iPhones that people should've ran into the limit already...

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Has anyone actually ran into that limit? As far as I know there are people who have what appears tons of iOS devices and they've never ran into it
I'll be adding one more iPhone 4 to the current mix in the next couple of days (5 iDevices total) so I'll see how it goes (the theoretical problem supposedly comes with *more than* 5 iDevices). I currently have the iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 on the same AppleID.

Last edited:

Terry Ingram

Sep 14, 2012
I had the exact same problem with getting my purchased tables to show up on my new iPad mini. Here's what I found to be the solution. I deleted the TPA iPad app. Went back to the App Store and downloaded the iPhone version, restored my purchased tables, and all of my tables reappeared! And the iPhone version doesn't appear to be any different in terms of resolution than the iPad version. It looks great and plays great on the iPad mini.

* UPDATE - after doing the above, I logged into my Farsight account. Once logged in, I went back to the App Store, downloaded the iPad version, and what do you know, all my tables were there. Weird, but it worked.

Last edited:

Terry Ingram

Sep 14, 2012
There isn't an iPhone or iPad version, it's a universal app.

That's what I kinda figured as the app looked the same either way. Still, on my device (iPad mini) and upon visiting the App Store, I could click on either iPhone or iPad apps with TPA showing at both. It wasn't until I clicked on the iPhone app version that I could get the desired results. Bizarre, but true.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.