Pricing confusion

Ericstratton

Dec 25, 2012
Hello, brand new member here.

I've been in love w/ the STTNG pinball machine since it came out in physical form. When I was told by a friend that Pinball Arcade had it I immediately checked the iOS app store. The search results showed a $0.99 version with the STTNG icon and a free version without the STTNG icon. I, of course, got the STTNG version.

My confusion started as soon as I tried to play STTNG and was told that I could buy the table for $4.99 or the pack for $7.99. So what did I just pay $0.99 for? I came here and saw that the free version doesn't have STTNG at all so I figured my $0.99 was well spent.

But I'm still confused. What is the difference between the $4.99 table and the $7.99 pack? Can anyone explain that b/c the screen to choose which one to buy doesn't explain it at all.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hello, brand new member here.

I've been in love w/ the STTNG pinball machine since it came out in physical form. When I was told by a friend that Pinball Arcade had it I immediately checked the iOS app store. The search results showed a $0.99 version with the STTNG icon and a free version without the STTNG icon. I, of course, got the STTNG version.

My confusion started as soon as I tried to play STTNG and was told that I could buy the table for $4.99 or the pack for $7.99. So what did I just pay $0.99 for? I came here and saw that the free version doesn't have STTNG at all so I figured my $0.99 was well spent.

But I'm still confused. What is the difference between the $4.99 table and the $7.99 pack? Can anyone explain that b/c the screen to choose which one to buy doesn't explain it at all.

Thanks and happy holidays!
The $0.99 was for the base game "The Pinball Arcade", which comes with the Tales of the Arabian Nights table unlocked. Other tables must be purchased separately and they cost varying amounts, from $1.99 for the older simpler tables like Black Hole to $4.99 for the premium tables like Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

The Pro Mode unlocks special features such as access to the table operator's menu (wherein you can do things like change the number of balls per game, mess with difficulty settings, etc.), a free-roaming camera for examining the table in detail, and some tips from world-class physical pinball players, such as Josh Sharpe. Whether this is worth the extra few bucks to you is something you'll have to decide for yourself. Also, the Pro Mode is a per-table upgrade, so if you get ST:TNG Pro for example, it won't automatically unlock Pro Mode on Twilight Zone or any other table.

The icon for the app is just whatever the newest table(s) are for that version; it changes each time new tables are released.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
IICR, the only difference between the free and 99¢ version is that in the paid version, you get TOTAN. Everything else is the same. The reason why the icon on the free version hasn't changed yet is because Apple ran out of time during the approval process and the updated free version didn't get released. Once the App Store gets back online, it should be updated.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts