Android V1.9.1: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs only (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use this thread instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Frequency:

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Samsung galaxy s3 android jellybean

Cannot select anything from the opening menu system

Turn the game on to reproduce

Frequency: every time I start tpa

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
What os version are you using? Are you using a custom rom? If not is there an update available for you? Got an S3 a couple days ago, stock rom, most updated OTA and works great, not sure why you are seeing this...could be a touch driver issue

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Cannot select anything from the opening menu system

During my first encounter with the new UI at first I thought so myself. But then I figured out that you have to touch the centered icon very, very, very briefly to select it.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I have to keep tapping the screen until it works, and isn't there meant to be some music?
Sony xperia t
Ice cream sandwich
It happens All the time.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
Re: Sttng

I recently posted in the older bugs thread some issues with Star Trek that I came across on my Droid Bionic with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0. However, I now have a Nexus 7 with Jelly Bean 4.2.1, so here are some things I've noticed using this device and OS:

1. Always, in Command Decision mode, pressing the trigger button on any mission will instead activate the next clockwise mission.

2. Almost always (probably 9/10 times), the ball will launch from the plunger while the player is still selecting a start mode option with the left flipper. Luckily, it seems like if you don't touch the left flipper and just wait, you will be able to trigger the selection you want.

3. Maybe the most frustrating bug because it takes so much work just to get there is, about 50% of the time it seems like, the Final Frontier mission plays incorrectly. The camera backs away from the table as if you're starting a brand new ball, and only the left flipper will function. The right flipper is completely disabled. Then immediately after the mission ends, the camera and flippers will return to normal.

EDIT: After thinking about it and playing some more, the frequency of this bug is greater than I originally thought. When playing on my phone it seemed less frequent. Now it's happening almost every time.

4. Occasionally, in Command Decision mode, a mission will start automatically before the player has had a chance to select anything.

5. Occasionally, when the ball is in one of the two rotating launchers, pressing the trigger button activates the flippers but the ball will not shoot.

6. Occasionally, in Holodeck selection mode, pressing the right flipper will select Poker instead of the Shuttle Simulation.

7. Very rarely, there will be no collision detection at the very back of the table in the area around the Alpha ramp and the center-shot hole, give or take. The ball will go right through objects in that area and then sometimes even magically teleport into one of the metal railings that feed the ball back down to the flippers.

Last edited:

torsten31j

Nov 29, 2012
Device/OS:
-Asus PAD TF101g / Android 4.0.3

Bug Description:
-When I select the operator mode of from the PRO tables, the APP crashes.
-When I put the PAD in English but it works, but my PAD is on German.

Steps to reproduce:
-When I press the button in the menu.

Frequency:
-Every times

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
Re: TNG

Also, just noticed that there is no texture applied to the Alpha ramp like there is on the other 2 ramps.

Nexus 7 - Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Last edited:

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
I am having the inability to select anything from the new ui menu on galaxy note 10.1. Quick repeated on the button does work after many pushes. In STTNG if I launch the ball very quickly after it arrives in plunger lane, the ball launcher button that appears does not work. (Launch probe). Happens about 90 % of the time.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
This is an issue I am looking into currently, I did not write the ui code but it appears to work decently on the ios (though not great) but has issues with certain Android devices. Though I am confused, if you could not select anything at all how did you get to st?

I am having the inability to select anything from the new ui menu on galaxy note 10.1. Quick repeated on the button does work after many pushes. In STTNG if I launch the ball very quickly after it arrives in plunger lane, the ball launcher button that appears does not work. (Launch probe). Happens about 90 % of the time.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ryan, the issue seems to be how sensitive the ui is to any movement side to side. If you tap very quickly and lightly it seems fine but any prolonged press seems to register movement and be registered as a swipe and not a tap.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
This is an issue I am looking into currently, I did not write the ui code but it appears to work decently on the ios (though not great) but has issues with certain Android devices. Though I am confused, if you could not select anything at all how did you get to st?

Ryan, I may have a little added insight on this for you to consider. On my Nexus 7, I recently enabled Magnification Gestures in the Accessibility options and after doing so, the Pinball Arcade UI was rendered virtually non-responsive. It was acting just as these other guys are describing. After disabling the option, everything went back to normal. Might be some connection there...

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I think I might have found the error that was causing the sensitivity issue. Going to need to test a bit more on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts