Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Delayed (again)

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I expect further complications.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
They had better not even THINK of starting 2013 with another delay , that would be a unforgiveable transgression for PS3/Vita consumers. If anything FarSight needs to call in some favors at Sony and get the Twilight Zone out sooner than end January.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

"We were hoping to get Twilight Zone released before the holidays, but it will about a month longer. There are currently 8 different packages for the Pinball Arcade in submission for the PS3 and PSVita versions at SCEA and SCEE. In addition to the Twilight Zone table and the Table Pack that includes Scared Stiff and Big Shot – Sony Format QA is currently testing the Pro Versions of Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, Tales, and Twilight Zone. The TZ custom ball is also in test.
The scheduled release dates that we currently have from Sony range from January 22, 2013 to February 13, 2013. We’re sorry for the additional wait. The Star Trek:TNG table will be submitted along with the January table pack shortly. Hopefully, the testing cycle will be quicker now that we’re out of the holiday rush."

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I expect further complications.

" beep, beep, beep " .....what's that noise? It's the sound of a truck reversing into Farsights driveway to drop off a fresh delivery if rakes.

Last edited:

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
while your wiating, get into taxi, this is the best playing and looking machine so far, play it on camerview 1, i'de rather wait and have great machines then have a bunch that i don't play because of poor quality, gorgar, black knight, ...just curious, are the pro versions(like soon to be medieval madness) going to be visually outstanding, are they improved in all areas and will they have the new camera angles? or is it just ball skins? can someone tell me what a pro table offers and will they all have the same upgrades?

monty22001

Dec 28, 2012
I just got into this stuff and it's sad to see the PS3/Vita getting delayed :( I can't stand to play on my phone and I'm not paying for them. PSN rules since you get the Vita and PS3 copies with one purchase!

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
while your wiating, get into taxi, this is the best playing and looking machine so far, play it on camerview 1, i'de rather wait and have great machines then have a bunch that i don't play because of poor quality, gorgar, black knight, ...just curious, are the pro versions(like soon to be medieval madness) going to be visually outstanding, are they improved in all areas and will they have the new camera angles? or is it just ball skins? can someone tell me what a pro table offers and will they all have the same upgrades?
If that's what you're expecting from the "pro version" You're going to be dissapointed. Very dissapointed.

There's no difference at all in the way the table looks. The main feature is that you get access to the operator's menu for the game, as though you had the keys to the coin door. That's interesting, but not really a killer feature. Not for me. The other things it offers are 'table exploration' which means you can look more closely at the playfield, and 'ball control' which is like playing with the glass off. You get to move the ball where you want it to be, which is useful for learning how certain modes and features work I guess. I wish that playing in this way wouldn't record (local) high scores though. Table exploration is a bit less handy than I'd like. You have limited power to change the camera angles, and so can only really see a zoomed-in version of the normal view.

All this is based on the iPad version, on which I have bought several Pro versions. I'm not too disappointed, but it's not at all what you're expecting.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012

"We were hoping to get Twilight Zone released before the holidays, but it will about a month longer. There are currently 8 different packages for the Pinball Arcade in submission for the PS3 and PSVita versions at SCEA and SCEE. In addition to the Twilight Zone table and the Table Pack that includes Scared Stiff and Big Shot – Sony Format QA is currently testing the Pro Versions of Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, Tales, and Twilight Zone. The TZ custom ball is also in test.
The scheduled release dates that we currently have from Sony range from January 22, 2013 to February 13, 2013. We’re sorry for the additional wait. The Star Trek:TNG table will be submitted along with the January table pack shortly. Hopefully, the testing cycle will be quicker now that we’re out of the holiday rush."
Why is this poll still open if this is the case?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm guessing end of January so that if it comes sooner, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm guessing end of January so that if it comes sooner, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

According to the quote above it might be as late as February 13th so it might still come on time but be "delayed" according to the poll
so the poll doesn't really even make sense.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Truth be told, I'm fine with the wait at the moment. Got XCOM for xmas and that's been highly entertaining. First game since TPA came out that I've actually played in favor or pinball. Last I played was Uncharted 3 doing online battles, and TPA put a sudden stop to that.

Yeah, I have a hard time multitasking my game playing!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Truth be told, I'm fine with the wait at the moment. Got XCOM for xmas and that's been highly entertaining. First game since TPA came out that I've actually played in favor or pinball. Last I played was Uncharted 3 doing online battles, and TPA put a sudden stop to that.

Yeah, I have a hard time multitasking my game playing!

I love xcom. Its been a blessing as an xbox owner

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
while your wiating, get into taxi, this is the best playing and looking machine so far

That's what I'm doing (currently chasing the top score)
It plays excellent and is NEARLY flawless and bug free... the only exception being the high score entry bug... long story short, just make sure you don't touch ANYTHING until the actual "enter initials" part appears on screen.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

Darn, is it too late to take back my January 15th guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online