Request Get rid of the trigger icon unless it's needed

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The trigger icon is in a distracting place, and does not need to be there at all, since there are only a few instances when it is needed. Also, the flipper buttons at the pre-launch screen (where you select your reward) should speed up the cursor showing your selection, but should not launch the ball.

N

netizen

This was asked for earlier and the request was taken to the management by Ryan.

IIRC,You can find where he said it was too risky here

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think putting it where the buttons are in Black Knight would work, but practically speaking wouldn't using a different camera angle make it less intrusive?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
After a few games I don't notice it. Agree that by making it disappear could cause other issues. IMO, the table is near perfect.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
you know, just shrinking it a bit would solve my main issue -- that when a ball is underneath it, i can't see what's going on to determine whether i need to nudge or not. it's covering up a pretty important spot!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not having as much an issue with the trigger as I am with the launchers. And there's nothing you can do about those. No matter how much I move my head around, I can't see the outlanes.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah, something does need to be done about it for sure. Hopefully they can come up with a solution that will annoy the least number of people. In the meantime I'm going to try different camera angles to see if there's one I like that doesn't completely obscure the outlane.

@Fungi: I also find it more challenging to use the cannons than on a real machine. Perhaps a setting a la the toggle for multi-ball camera to keep it from zooming in?

Last edited:

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
The position of the trigger is in the same area that I tap for the right flipper. I expect to play this table as frequently as I play Harley Davidson as a result.

It would be better placed anywhere else... or better yet, make it configurable!

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
I really want to like this table, but this trigger drives me insane. Makes the table unplayable for me.

If I move my thumb higher to avoid it, I wind up tilting the table.

If I play like I normally do, I keep hitting the trigger by accident, which means the flippers don't move.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
TripleT, I suggest picking up an iCade. The next update will support it, and it's awesome. Not practical for "on the go" playing, but awesome at home.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts