Are all Kickstarter supporters getting Xbox 360 versions regardless of reward tier?

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I asked this in the Good News thread but no one else brought it up, and now the newsletter email has the same vague language the FB post had. Is everyone that donated to the Kickstarters for TZ and TNG getting redemption codes for the tables when the new 360 version finally rolls out? Like many others I'm sure, I picked a mobile version over 360 for my platform choice since I couldn't stand the wait.

From the newsletter email:
"The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (kickstarter backers to be emailed a redemption code) to be available as DLC from day one."

Why the need to specify, since that seemed to be the original deal, unless the impatient among us are getting the console version too after all?

N

Nik Barbour

Re both TZ & ST:TNG
I asked for both Kickstarter rewards on the Xbox and paid for the pro versions of both on Android.

I can see why xboxers want compensation - but giving Kickstarter rewards for free would probably undermine future kickstarts. (although Farsight gave almost simultaneous beta access to Android testers, which would pi$$ me off if I'd layed out $500 for the privilege).

It's up to Farsight I guess.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Depends on the level.

If you paid for the one platform tier, then if you didn't select 360, no, you won't get it. You claimed the one platform and it wasn't the 360.

If you paid for the "all platforms" tier, yes, you will get a redemption code. Along with the PS3 one as well since it was promised in the kickstarter.

Initially the Xbox wasn't included at all as an option, but that was resolved later.

FYI - if you piad $500 for beta access - you paid for all the versions, including Xbox (as promised in the kickstarter).

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I chose the 360 version in both kickstarters and have been patiently waiting ever since. It really wouldn't bother me all that much if Farsight decided to give copies away but it doesn't make sense to me that they would. They'd be losing money and taking a hit on the royalty fee that they have to pay for each table.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
The strangest thing about the modern era of gaming is that people want compensation for delays, yet hate it when small companies go bust that were VERY (read: too) generous with what they gave for your money.

If they gave away the console version to everyone then they wouldn't get any 'sales' of the regular DLC. Less sales of DLC = less money for farsight = higher chance of lower quality 'cheap' tables. Plenty of people did pick 360 and as a result have to wait for their Star Trek/Twilight Zone, but when it comes they'll have it.

So basically I can understand your frustration of having to buy the table again, but it's a small price to pay for a better version of the DLC. Besides, money given to Farsight through DLC is going back into the pot to make better DLC in the future anyway.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I don't mind paying again. I just thought with all the delays and being able to charge less for these than they thought my money might have went a little farther. I have to have them regardless so they'll see my cash anyways. If they could just add controller support on Android I wouldn't be so needy!

N

Nik Barbour

If they could just add controller support on Android I wouldn't be so needy!

Root and an app called 'Sixaxis' is the answer.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

Can't tell you how good this plays on the Nexus 7 with ps3 controller - and not just TPA, I've mapped up for GTA III & Vice City today in addition to customising keyboard controls for 'Mame4all', 'Mame4droid' and all the Broglia emulators today.

& guilty pleasure ZX Spectrum Emulator 'Xpectroid' allowing me to play the 3 greatest games of my generation...
Best shoot em-up:- New Cylon Attack
Best beat em-up :- Target Renegade
Best Racing game:- 3D Stock Car Championship

Root is the answer! (God I feel old).

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
i chose tz on the 360 and am waiting patiently...can't remember the wording but honestly as long as i get the game in it's basic form i don't care about much else...the sttng kickstarter came at a bad time for me financially so i'll be paying for it...but that doesn't bother me at all...so far i have yet to be disappointed in any of the tables i own or have been announced (although harley davidson pack i'm on the fence about as i have no experience with the real table)...seriously even if they asked me to pay for tz i wouldn't have a problem with it as it's so hard to find any real tables here in georgia...what we pay for these is a bargain to me as i used to dump much more in real tables (especially terminator 2) in a single night...d.m.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I know you brought that up over in the Android board; I'm still opposed to rooting, especially if emulators run fine without it. I'm well into that stuff too: Shock Troopers with a USB Saturn pad is unbeatable!

I'm finally able to control the ball decently enough with touchscreen (enough to get a billion on TNG at least, not bad but not great either) but nothing beats a pad, and I feel like landscape style loses a lot of detail while portrait gets hard to hold. I'm on a Nexus 7.

I'm in for a big bill once that new version comes out with packs 4+, and once in a while I regret not just waiting on that. But that's more to do with me living on a fixed income and I agree with Rudy on each point. Farsight is a godsend and they don't deserve the mess of delays and misplaced criticism, sorry if anything I said reflected otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts