Attack From Mars Video

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Looks great. Is it just me does this seem like a new "night time" lighting mode for this table? It seems particularly darker than other tables released so far.

This table has some really colorful artwork in the light. Hopefully they are still working on the optional daytime lighting. I really like how it looks though. Great job.

Also am I crazy or do the flippers seem to look... different? New flipper physics?

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Wow, that does look fantastic. Are they doing something differently now with the lighting or texture rendering or something? I agree that it looks somehow different (maybe better) than previous tables.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Now that theres a gameplay video the release cant be that far behind surely? (Fingers crossed for Farsights 12th day of Christmas Updates, still 2 more to go!)

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Looks great! I was hoping that there was an unannounced table in that row of tables shot in the beginning but they're all released already. Darn!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Any chance we might see something like this included?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNeU6Z1L0XQ

It'd obviously take some co-operation from the ColorDMD guys, but I wouldn't imagine it'd be too hard to implement. Could be a bit taxing on CPU on top of emulation, though. I'd love to see it happen, even as a pro-only thing! Maybe even on the MM one as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovQ2898rse4

Would love to hear how feasible it could be from the FS guys themselves *wink wink*

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Any chance we might see something like this included?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNeU6Z1L0XQ

It'd obviously take some co-operation from the ColorDMD guys, but I wouldn't imagine it'd be too hard to implement. Could be a bit taxing on CPU on top of emulation, though. I'd love to see it happen, even as a pro-only thing! Maybe even on the MM one as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovQ2898rse4

Would love to hear how feasible it could be from the FS guys themselves *wink wink*

Unfortunately, I think I read somewhere that it would be in violation of their license if Farsight included things that weren't part of the production run, so a color DMD is pretty much out of the question.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Looks great. Can't wait to give this one a shot as I've never played one IRL.

Same here. Looking forward to trying it. Everybody always claims it as one of the all-time greatest tables, but it looks so plain and empty to me that I'm going to have to try it to "get" it.

Hopefully the Vita version doesn't arrive broken.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
This is the table that really got me addicted to pinball. And then tables started becoming more and more scarce. :(

Sad to think how many years I wasted playing video games! Asteroids, Berzerk, Defender, Defender Stargate, and Robotron gobbled up most of my quarters.

When I saw TPA for the first time, I immediately checked if AFM was in their plans. It's going to be a long few weeks waiting for this one to finally arrive!

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Very excited about this one; a solid collaboration between Brian Eddy and Lyman Sheats Jr. Vid looks great and if if STTNG is any indication, this table should be even prettier and bug free than those that came before it. I may be in the minority but I'm excited about Genie as well. I hope they make it fast- a widebody like that can end up being a real slow roller if not set up right.

rom

Nov 3, 2012
I just had a look at that video footage. I must compliment farsight for this AWESOME movement of the martians and the center spaceship!!! These wiggling movements look so real it's simply amazing! They even keep on wiggling less and less until they stop. Fantastic! Details like these are making a table even more attractive!!!
Just a little thing though. The metal attachments for the 4 martians are missing.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
AFM is such a blast to play. Lots of funny lines, nice artwork, one of the best when it comes to DMD animations, and a simple rule set that is playable from ball one. A fun, but not overly difficult table. Much much easier in real life than TZ or STTNG in my opinion.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts