How do nudge?

• Shake

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Touch

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
So, what mode of nudging do you prefer? Touchscreen, or shake?

Though I'm not sure wether you can predictably nudge left or right this way, I do find shake-nudging to be delightfully intuitive.
Touchscreen nudging just isn't for me; there isn't enough time to move my thumbs that far up, and I'm affraid I'll fumble-launch my tablet across the room should I try.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I prefer shake nudging. It can't get more intuitive than actually shaking the device to shake the table. It's also the best in terms of reaction time. With shake nudging, I don't have to "think", I just "do". Unfortunately, I must use tap to nudge. When I shake my iPad, it takes my eyes off the screen. Not a good thing to do when you're in trouble enough to need to nudge. Also, the actual shake to nudge function doesn't work very well. At least I don't think so, being that I can't actually see the ball reacting or not reacting to my movements. Another thing, when I shake my iPad, I overcompensate my shake and tend to Tilt. When I tap to nudge, I'm pretty good at only tapping once.

K

Korven

Sv: Shaken... not stirred! Nudge nudge.

I used to utse shake bit after accidentally tilting away a 500M bonus by just moving my tablet I went back to touchscreen. However, the times nudging has accually worked either way are easy to count.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
I use the shake method. I'm with the OP on possibly flinging my tablet across the room.

It works pretty well once you get used to it. I just wish the devs would add a 'Nudge Up' feature. When I play real pinball, I find myself nudging up more than left or right. Makes transferring the ball from one flipper to another a lot easier.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I found shake very unreliable, also shakng the screen makes me lose the visual inspection for that fraction of a second where it counts.

Touch nudge is my way to go, use your indexes and have them always position ready to nudge, dont use the thumbs. Basically you only use three fingers on each hand to hold ipad, and your thumb and indexes always on top, close to the screen.

N

netizen

I use both.

Shake nudging in portrait perspective and touchscreen nudging in landscape.
I have begun to start to physically nudge my tablet on the bottom corner to push against or tap on the side of it rather than shake it when using the shake nudge. It is taking a but to get used to.

I am curious about the swipe nudging in iOS however.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I have begun to start to physically nudge my tablet on the bottom corner to push against or tap on the side of it rather than shake it when using the shake nudge. It is taking a but to get used to.
This ^

You don't have to actually shake the device. If you have the tablet partially resting on your knee or a table/desk-edge you can use either hand to nudge the tablet much like you would've nudged the real table. There's something delightfully intuitive about it.

etamme

Jan 10, 2013
I prefer shake to nudge, but I wish there was some control that allowed you to adjust the sensitivity. I find on my N10 that even just hitting a flipper (tapping the screen) a little too excitedly will cause a bit of table nudge.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts