Balls Of Steel

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Apparently they made a new "balls of steel" table in Duke Nukem Forever?

Those flippers are hilarious. Gottlieb go home :)
edit: Wow, those out/inlanes!

Last edited:

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013

Oh god.

I do definitely like the use of Duke Nukem 3D's "Stalker" as the BGM, though!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

I remember a task at uni being asked to program a pinball machine.

The spec said that the flipper had to rest at 180 degrees and rise to 270. I had to conform to the spec. It was infuriating.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Lol what! So basically standing straight up when raised?? I'd love to see that. Do you have any examples? Programming a pinball machine from scratch sounds like an incredibly difficult task.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Lol what! So basically standing straight up when raised?? I'd love to see that. Do you have any examples? Programming a pinball machine from scratch sounds like an incredibly difficult task.

It was a pinball table editor. the flipper had to sit either horizontal or vertical, rotating 90 degrees in either direction. For what it was worth I was actually quite pleased with the outcome as I was able to make some pretty cool Rube Goldberg machines with the editor, rather than pinball machines. The one thing I didn't manage to get right was the flipper physics... it was still a little bit glitchy when the deadline came.

It's actually a pretty standard project used by a lot of universities. Look up Gizmoball.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Wish these games like this and even Epic Pinball could get rereleased for current standards (no vertical scrolling).

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Ahhh! Thanks for the GOG reference! I bought the game when it came out, but 6 bucks on GOG isn't bad. I just bought it and it works fine on W8.1. Duke's on the Ball!

Now if only GOG would do Psycho Pinball, I'd be a happy camper.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.