Twilight Zone marathon 12/31/12

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
oooh nice SyFy has not totally abandoned the tradition , I have every episode on DVD . and ME TV runs them at 11:00 PM Sunday -Friday.

However, it's still nice to know the show is still having the New year's marathon . Favorite episodes?

Julie Newmarr as the devil in Of Late I think of Cliffordville , Burgess Meredith in in Printer's Devil , Jack Klugman (RIP) and Johnathan Winters in a A Game of Pool

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
the one where the guy can hear peoples thoughts, the evil girls doll, and all the books and time to read but no glasses

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
the one where the guy can hear peoples thoughts, the evil girls doll, and all the books and time to read but no glasses

That would be Dick York in A Penny for Your Thoughts( Darren from Bewitched) ,Talking Tina (Telly Savalas episode) , and All the Time in the World (first episode with Bugess Meredith.

I have to add the Purple Testament (with Dick York again) as Captain Fitz who can see when soldiers are going to die as another favorite , more poignant when you know Rod Serling was a paratrooper in WW2 .

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I watch this every year! The episode with Burgess Meredith with the glasses was actually called Time Enough at Last, if I'm not mistaken.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You have mentioned most of my favorites already. I also like the following a lot:

1. The Hunt - where a dead hunter is kept out of hell by his loyal hunting dog
2. The Encounter - about a WW II vet living with memories of the war (stars George Takei)
3. What You Need - about a peddler that always seems to have just what you need for sale

These three are a little underrated, but great episodes. Check them out if you haven't already seen them.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
oddly enough , until I got the DVD set, I had never seen The Encounter for all of 20 years of watching the show in syndication ,
I will also reccomend
The Man In the Bottle - penniless Pawnbroker and his wife discover a Genie in a old bottle and are given three wishes .

Still Valley - confederate soldier happens upon a Union regiment frozen in time , and is given the means to win the Civil War for the south at a terrible cost .

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
According to George Takei (on Howard Stern), The Encounter has rarely aired because of its controversial nature. Must have created quite a stir when it originally aired.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Talking Tina is freakin' me out!

It's just June Foray , the voice of Rocket J Squirell and Witch Hazel from both Disney and Warner Brothers , and I believe she was also Magica DeSpell in Ducktales .

After seeing that episode I knew where they got the idea for the film MAGIC , with Anthony Hopkins as a murderous ventriloquist, Taliking Tina + Little Caesar = Magic .

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
A Stop at Willoughby is great, I agree.

Once upon a time was very funny, it starts like a silent movie and we see a man from 1890 entering a time machine and travelling to 1962. Watching this episode 50 years later feels awsome and makes it a double time-travel.

EDIT: got the second title wrong (copy+paste)

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
He got off the train all right :D The penny fortune teller with a really your shatner. Its funny the woman roles in the older episodes theyre dumb and docile but skip ahead to womans rights and theyre sassy and cold. If I had a wife like that Id go to whiloughby too! :p

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I just watched 'The Hitchhiker', now I have a new appreciation for that graphic on the board...and AVOID IT! Run away! Run away! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts