PS Vita: First Impressions

EbortionXsrk

Apr 4, 2012
Okay, albeit a bit tough to find, you CAN play the game in portrait mode. Simply go to Help & Options on the main menu, then go to controls. Once you are in controls turn the PSP and the mode will switch. Press circle and you are ready to rock. In light of this, I have to say that the Vita version is probably my favorite right now. I really like the feel of nudging with the rear touch and it leaves me feeling more in control than on a tablet. My biggest problem is that I accidentally hit the power switch every now and then. I'm also surprised at the quality of graphics that the Vita is capable of. I'd like to see the updated lighting on it as well! Anyways, good job Farsight! I'll be reporting bugs as I find them. :)

===============================================================
If you were like me, you owned William's Pinball Hall of Fame on every console you could. The PSP port was actually one of my favorites and I was hoping for more of the same when I launched Pinball Arcade on my Vita, just a few minutes ago. At this point, I'm not surprised at my minor disappointment. I have one complaint and one complaint only so far about the Vita version: Where's the screen orientation option? If you can do it on Android you can surely do it on a Vita. The cool thing about having WPBHOF on PSP was the ability to change the screen orientation... Did you guys just up and decide to do away with that? :confused:

Last edited:

Araxen

Mar 21, 2012
You can't change to screen to fully utilize the Vita screen? That is really disappointing to me since I was really looking forward to be able to play the game with my Vita because of it's rectangular screen.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
I have looked into the option and i can't see anything that i can put it on portrait.
I hope this will be possible.

It's plays very good and i'm very happy now.
I live in the Netherlands so i have to reset my psvitas and switch it to an american account.

EbortionXsrk

Apr 4, 2012
I stand corrected. You can change it, just not in game. select a table. Under controls, turn the Vita sideways. Hahaha. Wow, you would think Farsight would have given us at least a clue on how to do that.

Araxen

Mar 21, 2012
But you can only flip it one way and you can only use the touchscreen for flipper controls. I want to flip it the other way around and use the X and Triangle button for flippers. If I wanted to use virtual buttons I'd use my Droid X phone to play the game.

btmmayor

Apr 12, 2012
But you can only flip it one way and you can only use the touchscreen for flipper controls. I want to flip it the other way around and use the X and Triangle button for flippers. If I wanted to use virtual buttons I'd use my Droid X phone to play the game.

Yes and yes. I played hours on end of Williams on my PSP in vertical mode. Would love to see this added as an option if at all possible. The screen is just so small in horizontal mode and I cannot stand the touch screen controls while vertical as its way too sensitive for me.

Araxen

Mar 21, 2012
Well hopefully it's something they can add different controls to the game. It's the best way to play pinball games on the PSP/Vita.

EbortionXsrk

Apr 4, 2012
Configurable controls is my biggest overall gripe outside of the GUI. The other bugs are expected and will be polished out, things like the controls and GUI are something I don't see as excusable. As far as using the Vita, you're right. Using the OTHER side would be great. I'd much rather accidentally hit the volume button than the power button. When you hit the power button and come back into the game, there's no 3 second pause. Something else they could probably fix if they wanted to.

Capt T

Apr 17, 2012

Another vote for this option.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
I also hope that they flip it because i think that x and triangle button is beter. I also hope that we can chance the tilt function because it's now on the upperside of the back touch and my vingers can't reach that while i'm playing.

jonboy71

Apr 21, 2012
I have new Ipad/iphone and Vita/PS3 version. I have not tried it on the PS3 yet, but the IPAD/Iphone version seems to play much better than the Vita version. The ball seems to float more on the Vita version and the physics don't feel as good as when I'm playing on the iPad.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
@jonboy71, I think it's because the vita screen is mutch smaller and there for a little bit quicker in gameplay. But i also have a Ipad 3 and i must say that this version is for me the best.
But if i'm on the road then i play it on my vita, and i'm very happy with it. Good job FarSight Studios! to support a new device (PSVITA).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts