Android - Bug Ball goes through back of Neutral Zone/Command Decision holes.

ThreePi

Dec 22, 2012
I've noticed this on a couple of occasions. Some hard hit shots, usually coming off the top right flipper will go right through these Neutral Zone hole (and the one below it, can't actually remember what its called) and the ball will end up in the loop/orbit.

Also, sometimes the Neutral Zone hole will occasionally trigger the below hole, not sure if that's related.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Oh, now that you mention it, it happens on the iOS version as well.

Last edited:

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
Also, sometimes the Neutral Zone hole will occasionally trigger the below hole, not sure if that's related.

I think this is normal table behaviour; if you fall into the Neutral Zone hole without hitting the targets behind it, you trigger as if you'd gone into Command Decision.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I think this is normal table behaviour; if you fall into the Neutral Zone hole without hitting the targets behind it, you trigger as if you'd gone into Command Decision.

Nope, this isn't normal behavior. (I've experienced it on iOS as well.) A very hard shot to the Neutral Zone can dribble out the left orbit (*instead* of coming out of the VUK to the left inland as it usually does). A very hard shot to the Command Decision hole can come screaming out over the bonus x rollovers and out the right orbit. Neither ever happens on a real table, as it would require the ball to teleport through the orbit wall.

ThreePi

Dec 22, 2012
Nope, this isn't normal behavior. (I've experienced it on iOS as well.) A very hard shot to the Neutral Zone can dribble out the left orbit (*instead* of coming out of the VUK to the left inland as it usually does). A very hard shot to the Command Decision hole can come screaming out over the bonus x rollovers and out the right orbit. Neither ever happens on a real table, as it would require the ball to teleport through the orbit wall.

I think he was refering to my second issue where hitting a ball into the Neutral Zone hole will trigger Command Decision. I honestly was unsure if that was normal behavior or not.

The ball going through the back of the hole into the orbit is definitely a bug though.

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012

You didn't read what I was quoting; ThreePi was right, I was talking about the Neutral Zone hole triggering the below hole.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
One of the first games I played on iPad the ball came out of the launcher at the start of the game, went around the first rail turn and went shooting off the table and basically onto the "floor" on the left side of the table. Hasn't happen again but it was pretty wild.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I think I saw this tonight in PS3 version 2.09--hard shot toward the Neutral Zone from the right flipper and suddenly the ball was coming left to right around the upper part of the orbit.

doedje

Sep 4, 2013
Yep, I have this bug too, while shooting the ball hard into the Command Decision hole, the ball sometimes ends up in the left orbit, heading towards the bonus lanes.... But I wonder whether it is unique to STTNG or that it is caused by the general TPA render engine since it also occures in T2 as mentioned in this thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5609-Bug-skull

playing on iPad (I only play T2 and STTNG)

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I think it is just another symptom of the framerate of the physics engine -- it passes through the back wall of the command decision hole between frames, and so it never collides. something like that. it happens on a lot of tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts