Your Top 10 Most Wanted "No License Issues" tables for TPA?

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Here's mine to start us off:

1. White Water
2. Fish Tales
3. Champion Pub
4. Black Rose
5. Banzai Run
6. Class of 1812
7. Who Dunnit
8. Hurricane (or Cyclone)
9. Diner
10. Mousin' Around

There are a few tables that some might think of in this category, but do actually have some kind of a license issues, like The Getaway ("La Grande" by ZZ Top) & Road Show (licensed music by some Country act). I also left off tables from Makers that FS doesn't have a deal with (to my knowledge), like Pinball Magic (by Capcom), and Mystery Castle (by Alvin G & Co.).

So, which "easy to do" tables would you all like to see most?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Other than the ones you mentioned...

High Speed
Junk Yard
Earthshaker
Bad Cats
Riverboat Gambler
Jack Bot
Swords of Fury
Grand Lizard
Police Force
Black Knight 2000

Lots of System 11 in there, I admit, but most of them are free of license issues. Was going to throw F-14 Tomcat in there, but there might be issues with Northrop-Grumman even though the original machine was unlicensed.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Here's mine to start us off:

1. White Water
2. Fish Tales
3. Champion Pub
4. Black Rose
5. Banzai Run
6. Class of 1812
7. Who Dunnit
8. Hurricane (or Cyclone)
9. Diner
10. Mousin' Around

There are a few tables that some might think of in this category, but do actually have some kind of a license issues, like The Getaway ("La Grande" by ZZ Top) & Road Show (licensed music by some Country act). I also left off tables from Makers that FS doesn't have a deal with (to my knowledge), like Pinball Magic (by Capcom), and Mystery Castle (by Alvin G & Co.).

So, which "easy to do" tables would you all like to see most?

Here are my own Top 10 Most Wanted "No License Issues" Tables For 2013. I restricted myself to tables that have not, to the best of my knowledge, been announced yet:

10. Who Dunnit?: This has to make it in on the strength of the oddball theme alone. To my knowledge, this is the only murder-mystery-themed pin out there. The lack of a wizard mode may put some off, but I think it could help it to stand out from the crowded DMD field in TPA.

9. Lights...Camera...Action!: From what I've seen of this pin, it looks like great fun. The modes look decently varied, the shots look challenging and the theme works very well with the design of the pin. I especially like the backbox animation that you activate to get your mystery award.

8. Champion Pub: This table has all the makings of a real winner. With a main mode that focuses the entire table, plenty of side modes to mix things up and a great theme & atmosphere, I would love to have this in my TPA collection. The emphasis on once-per-game modes may rub some people the wrong way, but it certainly provides a sense of immediacy to the proceedings!

7. Jack*Bot: I love the take on the gambling theme, I love how much this table is a love letter to Williams' past and I would love to see this together with my #1 pick as a sort of "sequels pack". Besides, we need this table to round out the only pinball trilogy of which I am aware.

6. Safe Cracker: It's commonly thought that pinball doesn't mesh well with other genres, but Pat Lawlor managed to put paid to that notion in 1996 with this little gem. Few other designers could have meshed pinball with a board game so well, but the three wizard modes, collectable tokens and unique time-based play mechanics also help this one stand out from the crowd. I do have questions about how the tokens would be implemented, but once those are answered, I want this table ASAP!

5. High Speed: Everything just works with this one. The flow is fantastic, the rules have just enough depth to be interesting and the cars theme is well-implemented. Steve Ritchie's work hasn't gotten nearly enough exposure on TPA and High Speed would go a long way towards rectifying that.

4. Big Guns: Fantasy/sci-fi mash-ups don't happen too often, especially when it comes to pinball, so that alone would make this worthy of consideration. With the ingenious launchers, a great sound package and the addition of the backbox bagatelle, this table rises to the level of an all-time classic.

3. Junkyard: This needs to be in based on the Time Machine modes alone. The Time Machine was a great tribute to Williams' pinball legacy and I'm sure that many TPA players will appreciate this one immensely. There are also plenty of other such shoutouts sprinkled in throughout the rest of the game, so anyone with a pinball background will really like this one.

2. Haunted House: Haunted House is legendary on the TPA forums with good reason—the three layers of the table make it one of the most complex designs ever conceived, the sound package is great for the era and the rules balance the possibilities of each layer very well. This would be a great pin to pick up around Halloween.

1. Black Knight 2000: Why haven't we gotten this one already? It has everything a pinball wizard could want—great sound, excellent flow, plenty of challenging shots and the first wizard mode in pinball history. This is my most wanted table for 2013, unlicensed or otherwise.

Honorable Mention: Sin: Yes, I want Sean DonCarlos' very own pinball design on display for anyone who has TPA to play for themselves. Obviously, I don't know much about it yet, but it would be a great tribute to one of TPA's most vocal and well-respected fans and I'm sure it will also turn out to be a great pinball table in its own right.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm not entirely sure what's confirmed or not any more, but I don't have enough of a want list to exclude the "likely to get" tables so here goes:

Pin-Bot (confirmed?)
Defender (I suppose it might require a separate license, though it's the same rights holder - Warner - so shouldn't really be an issue)
Firepower (confirmed?)
Sorcerer
Aces High
Cyclone
Space Shuttle (confirmed?)

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Definitely agreeing with:
Junk Yard (have played the real thing many times, and like it)
Haunted House (on everyone's list)
Jack*Bot (complete the trilogy!)
Safe Cracker (it's being a unique piece in pinball, and a Lawlor seem to warrant inclusion)
Pin*Bot (which is confirmed, Sean)
Sorcerer (great art, and in PHOF, so pretty likely)
Bad Cats (looks great in every way, except no multiball)
Swords Of Fury
Grand Lizard (Gojira!!!!)
Black Knight 2000 (gotta happen, right?)
Earthshaker (looks a little 'one-trick-pony', but like it's a fun trick)

I would list High Speed too as one I agree with, but I'd rather they did The Getaway without "La Grande" than do High Speed.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
In no particular order:

1. Pin*Bot
B. Jack*Bot
4. Cyclone
4. WHO Dunnit
V. BK2K
F. The Getaway
7. Diner
H. White Water
&. Dr. Dude
!. Cactus Jack

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
My top ten:

Banzai Run
Pin*Bot
Jack*Bot
Safecracker
Haunted House
Big Guns
Junk Yard
Fish Tales
Black Knight 2000
Space Shuttle

But Banzai Run would be my clear cut first choice...

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Also, in no particular order.

1. White Water
2. Fish Tales
3. Earthshaker
4. Swords of Fury
5. Grand Lizard
6. Fathom
7. Junk Yard
8. Safe Cracker
9. High Speed
10. Banzai Run

I'm gonna be the voice of dissent on Champion Pub - played it a few times and besides a couple of cool toys (the skipping rope mainly) I didn't think it was up to much. Pretty ugly too if I recall. ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
1. Haunted House
2. Fireball
3. White Water
4. Cyclone or Hurricane
5. Seawitch
6. Black Rose
7. Class of 1812
8. Fish Tales
9. Fire!
10. Who Dunnit

Tied for #11 are: Bad Cats, Junk Yard, High Speed, Swords of Fury, Devil's Dare, Catacomb, Big Guns.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Seems like there are a lot of common tables on everyone's lists.
Hopefully FS is taking a strong look at these tables, as they should be the "easiest" to do, and it's obvious that people want them.

vanisher3

Dec 29, 2012
1. Haunted House
2. White Water
3. Earthshaker
4. Whirlwind
5. Black Rose

I want these so badly, I would round out my top "10" by listing these twice! ;)

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
1. Haunted House
2. White Water
3. Earthshaker
4. Whirlwind
5. Black Rose

I want these so badly, I would round out my top "10" by listing these twice! ;)

I don't think we have to worry about Whirlwind, since it was in PHOF, though I too am looking forward to the update. Seems almost impossible that we won't get HH and WW, but until they actually announce them... Black Rose over Earthshaker for me, but I'd like to see both too.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Top 5

First I would love to see this one:
Pinball Magic (Great table and this vid shows off some of the toys as well if you are unfamiliar with the pin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA_zjFaChAw)
This is a pin I would love to own and LED (Cool videso of someone who put LEDs on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZoOeIefzY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weXYQqEVHYw)

No particular order:
Jack Bot
Haunted House
Medusa
Pinball Circus

Would love to see Pinball Magic in TPA. Pinball Circus too, but that seems fairly unlikely, unless they can convince Tim at The Pinball HOF in Vegas to let them 'rent' it for a few months. Coincidentally, if they can convince him, my best friend and I are talking about a day trip to PHOF in Vegas sometime later this year, so I would really hope those times don't overlap.

Last edited:

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
In any order. Fish Tales, Bad Cats, White Water, Class of 1812, Banzai Run, Haunted House, Junkyard, Police Force, Jackbot, High Speed. Hard to pick.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
In no particular order:

The Champion Pub
Black Knight 2000
White Water
Fathom
Haunted House
Junk Yard
Diner
Bad Cats
Swords of Fury