Is there any chance of getting any Data East pins?

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
I am barely an amateur pinball player. Growing up and living most of my life in rural Oregon, I'm 27 now, I have only ever seen a handful of real pins. The majority of which were Data East machines. Robocop, Back to the Future, The Simpsons, Last Action Hero, and the only one I ever had within 50 miles of my home (thus the only one I spent any significant time on, albeit minimal and at 10 years old) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I always wished I had a chance to play more pins, but as most of my generation doesn't even know pinball exists, I accepted that I probably never would. I love TPA, and although I now know where I can play a TOTAN, it's still 100 miles away. Without TPA I would never have the chance to know what enjoyment one can get from Saving the Princess, dominating Lost in the Zone, or completing The Grand Finale.

I digress, back to the point...I never knew there were "rules" and goals to achieve on the machines I played as a kid. I was just a physics geek I suppose and thus loved pinball as much as I do billiards, but billiards won out due to its availability. I just wanna experience the tables I remember playing, with an actual understanding of what I am trying to accomplish. TMNT was a huge part of my childhood, and that made the pin that much more desirable to me, and if I never get to play it again I'll be severely disappointed.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Data East is part of the Stern license (along with Sega Pinball). The biggest obstacle to the DE tables are that many of their tables require outside licenses (and usually expensive ones).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.