Gotlieb Class of 1812

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
# 111 on the IPDB 300
Not much of a Gotlieb fanboy, but this one looks awesome! How the fudge did this stay out of the PHoF the Goltlieb collection?

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
This game is fun I played one at PPE last year and it had 2 foot legs you could play on your knees! But by far the most fun gottlieb I've played and I usually play anything else but gottlieb.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Too bad I can't edit in a poll afterwards. This one seriously needs consideration as a future release.
Those chickens during multibal ROFL

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I like the backglass too. One of the Gottliebs I'd like to see. Pair it with Haunted House for Halloween.

1357333760836.jpg

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Aaaargh! EEK! Pwapapwapwpa pappa pwuck pwuck pwuck MILLION!!
images

Last edited:

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I do not understand the theme of this game and have no idea what the year 1812 (in which a lot of stuff happened not displayed on this table) has to do with it..

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
This is one of the few tables I have available locally, and I played it a lot - yet I still suck terrible at it (but I do with most real pinball). Even though it's from '91, it feels very old school (like a real Gottlieb), or at least like an early 80's table. But the feel and theme is really excellently executed. I love super-cheesy humor and terrible 80's raps from each of the characters. The gadgets and mechanics are great, and I love when the all lights go out before the multiball, and you just hear the heart in the background beating.

I'm not great friends with the layout of the table though. You need to shoot the ball up to the top rollovers a lot, which will often have the ball drop fast out from the bumpers, directly towards the middle. I know people who can get scores of over 60 million on this table, so I guess I'm just really bad at it, but it definitely tests your nudging skills. At least it's extremely easy to trap the ball, in fact you can always just hold op the flipper when the ball is going down an inlane.
The owners of the local table also put a plastic piece inside the left ramp to make it harder to hit correctly, since you could otherwise just keep backhanding that ramp to eventually light the million shot and just keep making millions.

I do not understand the theme of this game and have no idea what the year 1812 (in which a lot of stuff happened not displayed on this table) has to do with it..
I think the theme is a "class reunion" of long deceased people, thus the undead theme (and a werewolf). As far as I heard it was supposed to be a Rocky Horror themed table, but they couldn't get the license, so they just changed the characters.

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Playing this a bunch on Visual Pinball now. Having a blast.

Tried it in VP too, one of the better running tables with fairly realistic physics, even if it does play very differently.
I'm actually enjoying it more on VP than the real table. :p

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Let me try to quantify/objectify this choice to Mr. Stepansky (who reportedly scouts for tables), if this table wasn't on his radar allready.

-there's only two Gottliebs sofar
- and this one has the works. Ramps, music, voices, humor, and an admirable 111th rating on the IPDB 300
- quickly obtained, and hillarious multiball for equally quick appeal
- 2200 bucks a good price? http://www.thecoindropshere.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=66&idcategory=3
- in spite of having all the expected features it has an onorthodox layout, wich should be benificial for variaty's sake.
- spooky theme. Screw variaty in that regard; Pinball + spooky theme = win.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The look and sound of this pin takes me right back to memories of watching cheesy low budget horror flicks late on Saturday nights. The sound and art is really some of Gottlieb's best. The layout isn't anything special but the pin still screams fun to me.
Sumez mentioned it was originally intended to be based on Rocky Horror. I can totally see some of that in there.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Noticed that I hadn't posted in this thread specifically since I've actually played it. I was very impressed. Simple software, but lots of fun, lots of drops, two ramps, lots of 2-ball multiball. Lots of fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts