Minimum system requirements

JohnAtl

Jan 5, 2013
Don't see a minimum system requirements doc anywhere. The app store description says something like, "later models," which is too ambiguous to be helpful.

I have a late 2008 MBP, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9400M-GT 256 MB graphics.
http://support.apple.com/kb/SP499
Will this work for TPA?
Anyone actually playing on this configuration?
Thanks!

Jay

May 19, 2012
Well, I have a 2010 27" quad-core i7 iMac with 8 gb RAM and 1 gb video RAM. All the tables have occasional stuttering, as if the frame rate drops off to 10 fps. Granted, I have Level of Detail set to 2 and Post-Processing on, but my I would think that my computer should easily handle that. Graphics are passable, but not as good as I'd expect (except for Funhouse, which looks gorgeous). If I lower the graphic detail and turn off Post-Processing, the game runs slightly better.

Jul 2, 2012
Well, I have a 2010 27" quad-core i7 iMac with 8 gb RAM and 1 gb video RAM. All the tables have occasional stuttering, as if the frame rate drops off to 10 fps. Granted, I have Level of Detail set to 2 and Post-Processing on, but my I would think that my computer should easily handle that. Graphics are passable, but not as good as I'd expect (except for Funhouse, which looks gorgeous). If I lower the graphic detail and turn off Post-Processing, the game runs slightly better.

That's really odd, because on my machine which is significantly less powerful than yours the frame rates take no hit from enabling level 2 of detail and post processing. Therefore it sounds to me poor optimisation is to blame here.

I've been waiting for FarSight to update the graphics to the next level (something more similar to the consoles) ever since the release. Granted, we got post processing and setting for level of detail but it doesn't do that much on most tables. There is potential in our machines to run a game much more gorgeous than what TPA is right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts