ridiculously hard on iPod...please fix

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
i know I'm not the first to "whine" about the launch button onmobile devices, but you guys with iPads have an ocean's worth of space around it in comparison to us (maybe only me, I have yet to come across another, albeit in a short amount of time) iPod touch users...I have to be perfect in where I'm flipping, millimeters up or down and it won't register and dddddddraaaaain...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Actually we don't have an ocean of space. Since shake nudge is crappy, most of us use touch nudging. In order to use that effectively you have to use the flippers up near the midpoint. And that is where the launch button is. So we have the same problem and want the launch button moved just like you do. Trust me I hit it by accident almost every game. I rarely play STTNG because of it, even though the table is great.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
ya, u do have an ocean, I have the same touch nudge need, and 1/4 the screen space to start with...that leaves you with an ocean compared to what I have...unless your thumb or finger is 4x wider than mine and you're not shaq...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
We have a bigger frame to reach over and our launch button is bigger because it is scaled. It's not as different than you think. Watch the FS promo vid. You can see him hit it by accident and he doesn't even nudge during the video.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Besides I agree with you. I assume anyone with any type of touch device will. I think it is poorly placed. That table is tough enough without worrying about hitting the launch button by accident.

Rudy Millard

Jan 4, 2013
Yes, it's areal pain on iPad, I can only wonder at how annoying it is on a smaller device.

Would a user moveable button be difficult to implement? Loads of other games have them.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some people asked (during the beta) if they could just make it disappear unless there is a ball to launch. They said that would screw other things up, so they can't do that. But I haven't heard if they could make it movable or not. That would make everyone happy.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I agree on the button. Two things, because of using touchscreen nudge (have to hold the iPad at midscreen, I often hit the button when trying to flip, which obviously doesn't work when you hit the button and end up losing a ball. Two is I use camera 1 and sometimes switch to 4, the button covers the right outlane making it hard to see if nudge is needed. (know these have probably been brought up, but want to reiterate).

Jul 2, 2012
Some people asked (during the beta) if they could just make it disappear unless there is a ball to launch. They said that would screw other things up, so they can't do that. But I haven't heard if they could make it movable or not. That would make everyone happy.
I'm not buying this explanation for not being able to make the button disappear. They already have a way to communicate to the player when the button actually does something (making it pulse). It shouldn't be more than a few lines of code to tap into those pulse events and displaying the button only when it pulses.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
What is kind of disturbing is that I set all the wizard goals off wifi today. When I got home it gave me the credit for completing on Gamecenter once I came into wifi range. Not sure why the high score isn't working even when set while connected to wifi.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I hope they make the button location, nudge area and the flipper area user definable like in some game, like street fighter. And please also make all the preferences save per table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts