Comet

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
you probably clicked on this post for the very same reason that compelled me titled this thread as such, to me, there is simply no other machine that defines the pinball world as exciting and defining, sure there are lots of great pinball and i enjoy them all, every one has their favorites and were all waiting for TPA to reproduce our favorite machines, thank God for TPA, i rate some machines as close seconds to comet, but COMET is that ONE machine that seemed to be the culmination of years of pinball, the machine that all other pinball added up to, it really defined my pinball days, and i can't wait for this machine to be added to TPA's pinball arcade. my close seconds would be high speed(the one with the troopers blackglass), and the simpsons(the first one). if you had clicked on this post because COMET is one of your favorites, please endorse this opinion with replies and maybe our favorite machine will be added sooner rather then later.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
The Comet was one of the roller coasters that graced Riverview Park in Chicago. I have fond memories of riding that coaster in my younger days before Riverview closed.

The table is a wonderful table and I am looking forward to it being produced by FS in TPA.

Timelord ...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
And here come the people saying how much better Cyclone is...

If they're going to do one, they should do them all.

I'm one of the Cyclone people too. Probably because I have fond memories of it & the ramps & art are just so good. But I would love all three also.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
And here come the people saying how much better Cyclone is...

If they're going to do one, they should do them all.
Nope, they should just do the best ones. Cyclone and Hurricane are much better (and RCT, while not officially part of the trilogy, is clearly "inspired" by it, and is superior to any of them, due to a deeper rule set and design by Pat Lawlor).
Comet may have been a great table in its time, but that time has long passed, and it sucks now.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'm one of the Cyclone people too. Probably because I have fond memories of it & the ramps & art are just so good. But I would love all three also.

Yup same here. They had one at the movie theater where I worked growing up and I loved it - especially the voice clips. I definitely have no problems with the other two coming out as well. Having several machines in a series is cool because you can see the evolution as they went along.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I have no problem with Cyclone, but it's not like it's the only good one out of the three. I actually like Hurricane best, and that's coming from a pretty die-hard Sys11 fan.

There is nothing wrong with Comet, though. It actually does a lot of cool things, like having reverse in/outlanes on one side. Cyclone might be better, but not it's a MASSIVE improvement.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
While Cyclone and Hurricane are fine games, only Comet has gotten me 'into the zone' on many occasions, bridging the gap from reality to pinball nirvana. If need be, Comet is one I would contribute $ to ensure it comes to reality.

AJ Boomer

Jan 7, 2017
Nope, they should just do the best ones. Cyclone and Hurricane are much better (and RCT, while not officially part of the trilogy, is clearly "inspired" by it, and is superior to any of them, due to a deeper rule set and design by Pat Lawlor).
Comet may have been a great table in its time, but that time has long passed, and it sucks now.

Deeper rule set does not always matter. What do you expect from a 1985 pinball table?! Comet is still popular today, especially with collectors and enthusiasts. The Pinball Arcade is NOT aimed just at new pinball players but also past veteran ones too! Just take a look at Central Park, it qualifies as an official table and it's from 1966! Even though I'm only 23 from the time this message was posted, I have taken an obsession with Comet. You can't go wrong with the history and fact that Comet was the first solid-state pinball table to feature a 1-million shot (which carried on from table to table). Believe it or not: Comet is a one-of-a-kind charm even though it is either overlooked and/or underrated!

Last edited:

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
Deeper rule set does not always matter. What do you expect from a 1985 pinball table?! Comet is still popular today, especially with collectors and enthusiasts. The Pinball Arcade is NOT aimed just at new pinball players but also past veteran ones too! Just take a look at Central Park, it qualifies as an official table and it's from 1966! Even though I'm only 23 from the time this message was posted, I have taken an obsession with Comet. You can't go wrong with the history and fact that Comet was the first solid-state pinball table to feature a 1-million shot (which carried on from table to table). Believe it or not: Comet is a one-of-a-kind charm even though it is either overlooked and/or underrated!

While I agree with giving a lot more love to older tables especially since we've exhausted all the yucko DMD tables, I don't think we need all three amusement park tables at this time considering the hundreds of older tables we could get instead. But knowing Farsight, they add everything I don't want so we'll probably get Comet soon :D

AJ Boomer

Jan 7, 2017
While I agree with giving a lot more love to older tables especially since we've exhausted all the yucko DMD tables, I don't think we need all three amusement park tables at this time considering the hundreds of older tables we could get instead. But knowing Farsight, they add everything I don't want so we'll probably get Comet soon :D

Don't get me wrong. It's not because I want to complete Barry Oursler's amusement park trilogy, it's because I love this table! Ever since I watched several gameplay footages of Comet on YouTube, I instantly was very interested in it! But I'm grateful for your support, though.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Don't get me wrong. It's not because I want to complete Barry Oursler's amusement park trilogy, it's because I love this table! Ever since I watched several gameplay footages of Comet on YouTube, I instantly was very interested in it! But I'm grateful for your support, though.

Comet and Sorcerer both came out in the same year (1985, I believe). That Williams era is so under-represented in TPA. I would love to see both in TPA.

"Hey turkey!"

AJ Boomer

Jan 7, 2017
Comet and Sorcerer both came out in the same year (1985, I believe). That Williams era is so under-represented in TPA. I would love to see both in TPA.

"Hey turkey!"

*Hits the target* "Aaah!!"

The sound effects that are really more pronounced than in it's sequels are the sound of the roller coaster loudly steamrolling across the track as you shoot the Comet ramp as well as the vibrating chiptune (8-bit) roar from the cycle jump ramp.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts