JJP's Wizard of Oz

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Has anyone played this yet?

I'm going to be one of the first to play it in the UK this coming Sunday! I hope the main tune isn't as irritating as I imagine it will be...

I'm going to miss having a real DMD for the score too.

If anyone wants to request anything particular let me know, I'll be posting lots of pictures and video here when I get back :)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Here's the first review from the newly arrived UK machines
''First thoughts on playing a JJP Wizard of Oz.
Well I have just got back from Phils at Pinball Heaven and being pretty lucky to have had a few games on WOZ .
First thoughts ? Well I stood there just looking at it for ages as it was certainly a beautiful piece of kit and stunning to the eye, in fact eye candy was not a good enough word for it.
As most of you know I was not its biggest fan when it was known that Wizard of Oz would be JJP first machine, Gay theme and all. But as the machine developed and started to look like a quality item I slowly started to warm to it. The only thing I was dreading was the music of "we're off to see the Wizard" and such like. Could I stand to play a machine that blurted out that ?
This was one of the things that was with me as I pressed the start button..................
I fired the ball into play and wow, it felt even better to play than what I could have ever imagined,. Do you remember that first time you played on the TAF or TZ in your local pub way back in the early 90's ? Well that's what I was experiencing while I was playing. Quality parts that felt solid and that feeling of playing a brand new WMS machines.
This is one great looking machine and the colours from the hundreds of inserts on the playfield was a great light show. Code is far from finished but its enough to give you the feeling of this can be a cracking game. Oh and that music, I didn't even notice it . Its there but well into the back ground as well as plenty other sounds its not bad at all.
The screen was also pretty neat and showed you plenty of info of what to shoot for, all machines will have this soon.
Overall VERY impressed and if you are not going to see and play this Sunday then you will be missing out big time.
Wizard of Oz rocks. ''

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Played it yesterday, beautiful table, really well built, feels like a Williams, side art printed to a really really high standard, playfield is superb.

Their platform is an Atom based PC motherboard running Ubuntu with a USB driver board, they use VGA for the screen, not sure about sound. The screen was suffering from flicker though.

Only mode working was multiball, I managed a score of 36,380 which was the highest of the day I think.

Blows Stern out of the water, those things feel really cheap in comparison.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I think Jersey Jack knows exactly what they're doing with the theme: as the NYT article suggested, they're trying to get beyond the aging-brodude market. It's an ancient theme, of course, but everyone knows it.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Played it yesterday, beautiful table, really well built, feels like a Williams, side art printed to a really really high standard, playfield is superb.

Their platform is an Atom based PC motherboard running Ubuntu with a USB driver board, they use VGA for the screen, not sure about sound. The screen was suffering from flicker though.

Only mode working was multiball, I managed a score of 36,380 which was the highest of the day I think.

Blows Stern out of the water, those things feel really cheap in comparison.

Good to know! So far the hands-on impressions I've read have all been that it is great. It makes the wait even more difficult.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.