Request Are TPA Originals A Probability Any Time Soon?

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I know that when this issue has come up in the past, it's been mentioned that FarSight are open to the idea, but obviously, nothing has come of it yet, as least as far as the end user is concerned. Regardless, here are three suggestions for TPA-original/exclusive tables that I think would be real winners:

–Berzerk: This one is almost too obvious–in fact, it escapes me how Stern never made a pin of this before back in the '80s, seeing as how it was Stern Electronics' biggest video game hit by far. My research indicate that the Stern family still own the rights to this one, so licensing shouldn't be a problem. It would be hard to make it work as a traditional mode-based DMD pin, but an alternative model could be made to suffice...

–Sin: Yes, I'm bringing up Sean DonCarlos' VP project again. Assuming he wants it to show up in TPA someday, I, for one, would love to have it. As I said when I first brought it up, this would make for a fantastic tribute to TPA's most loyal fans.

–Tilt!: The Battle To Save Pinball: This would be fun just for the meta factor. Obviously, the table would have to be designed using the Pinball 2000 platform and it would be great to have the ability to enter the Pinball 2000 lineup from the main table, including the unreleased prototypes. Modes could include Pin2K Design Multiball, Lucas Licensing Frenzy and, of course, the wizard mode, The Battle To Save Pinball–if you win, you get a glimpse of what might have been had Pinball 2000 not had its wings clipped so early.

Do you guys think I'm on to something with those or will they just never work? I'd also love to hear about what TPA originals you all would like to see made...

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I remember Bobby or someone saying that they are currently only interested in doing recreations of real machines. They may do something original in the future, but it's a long, long way off.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, I would say that at earliest, it would be 2015. They definitely have mentioned being intrigued by the idea and it is a possibility long term but they are looking to recreate existing machines. It has been mentioned they also have the rights to reproduce machines that were created but not released so you could see designs that never made it out of the factory.

Personally I would love to see collaborations of legendary table makers with a sandbox sort of approach. Hopefully with a theme that has not been done too frequently in the past.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Personally I would love to see collaborations of legendary table makers with a sandbox sort of approach. Hopefully with a theme that has not been done too frequently in the past.

I would be more interested in this. People like John Popaduik is making table designs, but not involved with a big production company like Stern. This would be a great way for him to get new designs produced, and reaching people, without anyone having to take risks with big production runs, etc. Of course it would imply that the involved parties are ready to work with a digital design as opposed to having a physical prototype.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I wouldn't expect originals to be seriously considered until FarSight starts running out of A-list tables (that have feasible licenses) to reproduce. They've got many tables to go before that happens.

Sin: Yes, I'm bringing up Sean DonCarlos' VP project again. Assuming he wants it to show up in TPA someday, I, for one, would love to have it. As I said when I first brought it up, this would make for a fantastic tribute to TPA's most loyal fans.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! But I haven't even finished the first sketch of the playfield yet! Let's see if this leaden pig gets off the ground first, then we'll worry about transcontinental voyages to the people on the mountain. ;)

(Although if the table turns out successful and FarSight wanted to put it in TPA, I can't really see myself refusing.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts