Zen speaks out on Wii U delay

Sean

Jun 13, 2012

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I wasn't that thrilled with the floaty ball physics in Zen for iOS so I didn't feel inclined to buy any of the other tables without having a go, so this seems like a good idea.

floaty? Nothing like some tables in TPA. Actually I think Zen's physics have too much weight. Balls are too easy to control which is why there are so many that don't like Zen pinball. Outside of that, I personally feel that the the table designs are much more interesting. nothing like TZ or more modern tables with tons of modes etc. I prefer Zen over TPA but I do wish the balls would react more like What pro pinball has done.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Could be a lack of sound effects that create that feeling. In the pinball arcade I can hear the ball rolling and hitting the flippers and surfaces with a more definite impact. Overall I prefer simulating a real table to the "video pinball" stuff with animated playfield stuff happening in Zen.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Could be a lack of sound effects that create that feeling. In the pinball arcade I can hear the ball rolling and hitting the flippers and surfaces with a more definite impact. Overall I prefer simulating a real table to the "video pinball" stuff with animated playfield stuff happening in Zen.

True. All matter of opinion though. I would like to play PA more but the bugs are annoying ----ball through Flipper and other aspects with physics. Some tables are way to floaty/bouncy. Of course they are tweaking it. I already can see the difference in some of the updates. Am waiting on the next PS3 update to fix some pf those issues.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Looks like the Wii U version of Zen Pinball 2 will be available on January 31st in the European market with a release in the North American market to follow shortly thereafter.

25 tables available for purchase at launch :

• Zen Classic Pack featuring Tesla, El Dorado, V12 and Shaman
• Marvel Pinball featuring Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade and Iron Man
• Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles featuring Marvel’s The Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, World War Hulk, and Fear Itself
• Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue featuring X-Men, Thor, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight
• Individual DLC Tables: Excalibur, Earth Defense, Sorcerer’s Lair, Paranormal, Mars, Epic Quest, Plants vs. Zombies, Fantastic Four and Captain America

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Is El Dorado like, the Gottlieb table or something else? I would assume the latter unless Farsight's rights aren't exclusive?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I love Epic Quest. I really do. The table is a bit repetitive, but then again...i've spent how many seperate games gathering weapons and levelling up a character.

Members online

Members online