So no patch/update for the Vita yet.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I certainly think it's in the realm of possibility . It would be nice , if they didnt make us wait for the table's release before patching it , so if they screw up, they had more lead time to fix it before the new tables are released, instead they go whole hog into it and if it dont work they have a longer stretch time to do corrective patches.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Any one want to place any bets that the "Big fix patch" hits tomorrow? No?... Me either, it would be nice though.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I keep checking, it would follow a pattern of getting frimware updates a week ahead of the new content. Since it's Sony's habit of dropping game updates independent of store updates ANY time is possible.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
The patch is out for PS Vita. I downloaded and installed it and started a game of BoP and it looks like none of the art fixes were added. Also the Spinout sign for Taxi is still just on top of a big black box. Dissapointed so far.

In the menu when switching from portrait to landscape or vice versa the background is always TofAN.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yeah, I just saw that the patch is up. Version 1.07 and 1.08 but the notes say it is for the table packs and pro version upgrade. No mention at all of any fixes. We will see. I suppose if this isn't the actual fix patch it could still arrive in the 2-5 update.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah, I just saw that the patch is up. Version 1.07 and 1.08 but the notes say it is for the table packs and pro version upgrade. No mention at all of any fixes. We will see. I suppose if this isn't the actual fix patch it could still arrive in the 2-5 update.

Unfortunately, the next Title Update for PS3/PS Vita won't be released until just before the release of Star Trek : The Next Generation, Attack from Mars and Genie in mid-late March.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Unfortunately, the next Title Update for PS3/PS Vita won't be released until just before the release of Star Trek : The Next Generation, Attack from Mars and Genie in mid-late March.

What? Wait a minute.

• There are many fixes and improvements for previous tables included in the upcoming PS3/PS Vita (NA/EU) Title Update which includes the assets for The Twilight Zone and Table Pack #7 (Scared Stiff and Big Shot).
This seems to be the assets update they were talking about, but I haven't seen any of these "fixes and improvements yet". In fact I haven't noticed a single obvious fix yet.

However, problems that I've checked that are still very much there:

-Monster bash still has screwed up camera views in portrait mode.
-Tables (such as Funhouse) still have the tiled graphics glitch.
-Creature ftbl still has broken flipper physics that act as if the tips of the flippers aren't there.
-CFTBL still has frame rate jitter.

I haven't played it enough yet to know if the game-ending bugs are still there (like in TOTAN and CV etc...), but I'm guessing if these obvious issues aren't fixed that the others aren't either.
There is no freaking way this could be the patch. No one is that incompetent.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
What? Wait a minute.

This seems to be the assets update they were talking about, but I haven't seen any of these "fixes and improvements yet". In fact I haven't noticed a single obvious fix yet.

However, problems that I've checked that are still very much there:

-Monster bash still has screwed up camera views in portrait mode.
-Tables (such as Funhouse) still have the tiled graphics glitch.
-Creature ftbl still has broken flipper physics that act as if the tips of the flippers aren't there.
-CFTBL still has frame rate jitter.

I haven't played it enough yet to know if the game-ending bugs are still there (like in TOTAN and CV etc...), but I'm guessing if these obvious issues aren't fixed that the others aren't either.
There is no freaking way this could be the patch. No one is that incompetent.

That was the original plan, but some of the fixes and improvements are taking longer than expected.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Ah, well that's different then. Them still working on it is far better than them just not even bothering.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Well that sucks, but at this point why should we expect anything different. It is hard to have any interest in these new tables like AFM (which I really want to play) when one knows that it will only be seconds before something horribly wrong/out of place is noticed. The ball didn't even make it to the playfield before the first issue with Taxi (the one SNKAllen pointed out) appeared.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yeah. I'm certainly not to interested in wasting my money on them until I see what this patch actually fixes (if it ever actually comes out).
They owe me a Twilight Zone from the kickstarter, but based on the "quality" of their other work, I doubt the Vita version will actually be worth playing.

...Meanwhile my hatred for Farsight grows a bit deeper each day.

Marcel Carlier

Jan 3, 2013
I experienced at least one problem that was resolved. I had the taxi crossover bonus problem which didn't register the wizard goal. After the latest update it did register, so there are some issues solved, but maybe not the obvious ones? And off course, the vita should have better support graphically. I mean, I want it to look like the PS3 version with HD lighting. The VITA has the hardware for that.

Members online

Members online