Bug Lost in the Zone ball stuck under top right flipper

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Had this three times, under ios5, ipad2:

When the Lost in the Zone ends all the balls drain and the flippers are locked.
If a ball gets stuck under the top right flipper when the balls drain your really lost!
The machine locks up and quit is your only option...

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
No, "ball not stuck" message. Table keeps waiting forever, flippers do not work, tilt does not work either.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
if i recall correctly, eventually it gave up looking for the "missing" ball and continued on. let me see if i can find the thread.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
found it:

i also had a very weird thing happen -- during the draining of the balls at the end of LITZ, when the flippers went dead, one ball got stuck underneather the upper-right flipper. after a moderate delay, the machine gave up looking for that ball and finally loaded the plunger, which resulted in me having an unexpected 2-ball multiball for a while immediately following LITZ.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Does this happen on the real machine? It sounds like something that could.
It's harder to get a ball trapped underneath the upper right flipper on a real TZ...and of course Lost in the Zone itself happens far less often on the real table. If it's happened, it's probably only happened once or twice in the 20 years the table has been out.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Just had it again on ipad.
After 30-45 seconds of 'player one is up' the machine pops out a new ball and the camera gets in plunger-mode.
The stuck ball keeps under the upperright flipper.
The new ball can be launched, but the flippers cannot be used after launching.
The camera stays in plunger-mode the new ball drains, you loose the ball and a new ball is put in the plungerlane.
This can be repeated till all balls are gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.