Thank you ..Far sight studio ........

Jan 6, 2013
For making these pinball tables.What great work you guys do.I watched a video the other day on how you guys transfer the real pinball to video games.You guys got them down so good i am really hooked on these tables.That is what makes you guys the best .Just for keeping them so real the same chips and every thing down to the wire.I hope you never change the way you make them.Because that is what makes you the best.I am not really one to share to much but i have been turning a lot of people on to the tables and everyone is loving them.I hope you guys make hundreds of tables for us.I myself just own the Xbox 360 and i am just waiting patiently for the tables that the other consoles have.I am sorry that Ms. has giving you that many problems i wish they would hurry the hell up.But anyway i just wanted to say thanks for all the great work you guys have done and hope you all have a great new year.I am looking forward to buying all of your Tables and hope there are many more to come on the Xbox 360. Thank you....

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Im still grateful for all their hard work , just becoming jaded waiting for my kickstarter tables on PS3 , please no more lame delays , TwilightZone at end of January or BUST .

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think that had to be the most positive post I've ever read from a 360 owner that is newish to posting here!

Ya know, I've been playing a lot of XCOM the past few weeks and very little pinball. I put on Zen just because, and prior to TPA I played it a lot. All it made me want to do was play TPA instead. Quit out of it, played me some RBION where my 2nd game lasted an hour and a half! I've had games of Moon Knight last that long, but nothing compares to those real tables.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Maybe he didn't realise what we 360 owners are missing out on yet...
Once the missing tables come out for PS3, it's really time for me to decide whether I want to switch... I have both a PS3 and 360, I just really prefer playing on the X360, and I already paid for most tables on the 360 version.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If the Wii U winds up allowing for playing solely on the controller so somebody else can watch TV, I might seriously consider buying that. My 7 year old wants one desperately, so if something I like to play winds up being as good as or better than the PS3, it's gonna be VERY tempting.

Jan 6, 2013
I think that had to be the most positive post I've ever read from a 360 owner that is newish to posting here!

Ya know, I've been playing a lot of XCOM the past few weeks and very little pinball. I put on Zen just because, and prior to TPA I played it a lot. All it made me want to do was play TPA instead. Quit out of it, played me some RBION where my 2nd game lasted an hour and a half! I've had games of Moon Knight last that long, but nothing compares to those real tables.[/QUOTE

Thanks, i just want to show my respect to F.S..I really wish i could find an arcade with real pinball tables ,not that easy these days.I really dont have the money to buy another console at the moment .But i am happy with my Xbox 360.But it does really suck that i cant get the other tables right now.I need and want them NOW,But what can i do.........wait...and....wait... sucks to have a 360 right now but we will get there.I sure hope any way.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Due to the cost of licensing, Twilight Zone and Star Trek needed a kickstarter. So funds were raised through 2 separate kickstarters. This is why those two tables will be sold as individual tables instead of in a table pack, because though the kickstarter covered the license fees, they are still prohibitively expensive and for each table sold, royalties are owed. Next kickstarter will be sometime between April and June for T2.

If you're asking what a kickstarter itself is, Google time!

Jan 6, 2013
Due to the cost of licensing, Twilight Zone and Star Trek needed a kickstarter. So funds were raised through 2 separate kickstarters. This is why those two tables will be sold as individual tables instead of in a table pack, because though the kickstarter covered the license fees, they are still prohibitively expensive and for each table sold, royalties are owed. Next kickstarter will be sometime between April and June for T2.

If you're asking what a kickstarter itself is, Google time!
I thought that is what it met but was not for sure thanks for the info.I dont have a problem with buying them being as an individual tables knowing now how much work fs goes threw and what they haveto go threw to get all the licences just to put one table together. And nobody should have a problem with it really, even if one table or certain ones cost 5 bucks or more.Because you know you would blow that much on it in the arcade in one or two hours or less really.I just want to know when we will be getting any new tables for Xbox 360 please give us a date fs...Thank you

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
FarSight partnered with a new publisher, the identity of the company is being kept tight security, until they are ready to divulge their publisher, all plans for the 360 are TBA .

Jan 6, 2013
FarSight partnered with a new publisher, the identity of the company is being kept tight security, until they are ready to divulge their publisher, all plans for the 360 are TBA .
Thanks Sinstar .I wonder why it got to be such a big secret.If you had to take a guess,when would you think 360 would be getting there next table?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I will go further into the situation, my guess is irrevelent as Im not a TPA employee nor a 360 owner , just a guy who's beta tested and watch this industry grow from infancy .(my first job was a videogame seller in the Atari/Intelivision days at the Swapmeet on weekends).
Anyhooo , When FarSight announces the new publisher, the "core game" will be relaunched with a new publisher in the title , this may only affect the Xbox360 owners, it may also affect everyone . Farsight intends to relaunch with a new physics and lighting update on 360 , which is also being passed to the PS3: ETA, later this month or early February .
The length between the announcement of a new publisher is going on 2 months , that's a long time to me, the new partner might be Microsoft itself , or some other "name" publisher , or there wouldn't be such a veil of secrecy.

After the announcement reveals the publisher house , I'd expect 2 months wait for the re-launch , or a month if you get lucky.
Farsight I believe stated they are going to release the Premium tables first then release older unreleased DLCs in backwards order .

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They just need to drop all the dlc like an atomic bomb all at once.

Don't conservatively piece it out, just drop that ****. I'm talking 14 tables all the same day + all the bug fixes extras pro menus everything. Do it in march, exactly 6 month anniversary of when this whole ordeal started. All will be forgiven

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012

Don't conservatively piece it out, just drop that ****. I'm talking 14 tables all the same day + all the bug fixes extras pro menus everything. Do it in march, exactly 6 month anniversary of when this whole ordeal started. All will be forgiven

I'd prefer them to do that too, but I doubt they would.

Jan 6, 2013
I will go further into the situation, my guess is irrevelent as Im not a TPA employee nor a 360 owner , just a guy who's beta tested and watch this industry grow from infancy .(my first job was a videogame seller in the Atari/Intelivision days at the Swapmeet on weekends).
Anyhooo , When FarSight announces the new publisher, the "core game" will be relaunched with a new publisher in the title , this may only affect the Xbox360 owners, it may also affect everyone . Farsight intends to relaunch with a new physics and lighting update on 360 , which is also being passed to the PS3: ETA, later this month or early February .
The length between the announcement of a new publisher is going on 2 months , that's a long time to me, the new partner might be Microsoft itself , or some other "name" publisher , or there wouldn't be such a veil of secrecy.

After the announcement reveals the publisher house , I'd expect 2 months wait for the re-launch , or a month if you get lucky.
Farsight I believe stated they are going to release the Premium tables first then release older unreleased DLCs in backwards order .

Thanks again Sinistar,Man i hope it does not take 2 months to get a new table.

Jan 6, 2013

That is what i hope they do too.But late January sounds better.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
As much as I would like to see all content released on the Xbox 360 all at once, this simply doesn't make any business sense. The Kickstarter tables will be available first at launch and should be for two reasons : 1) Everyone who has already pledged money well in advance and chose the Xbox 360 as their platform of choice as their reward for either or both Kickstarters needs to get their tables as soon as possible. 2) Re-launching the new version of The Pinball Arcade around The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation will no doubt net FarSight some much needed dashboard space for advertising.

Also, the remaining packs (#4 - #8) need to be released in at least two week intervals to keep The Pinball Arcade high on the dashboard for as long as possible for extra exposure. Just remember, not everyone (especially many casual gamers) has the money or is willing to purchase so much content all at once. If all content was released at the same time, the game itself plus all content will fall quickly down the dashboard and reduce much needed exposure for the new version of The Pinball Arcade.

Last but certainly not least, if FarSight releases all content on the day of launch, Xbox 360 users will be waiting another 6 months for new content to show up. Remember, the new publisher doesn't change the fact that after the initial free update (which FarSight should get for theoretically launching a new game), subsequent updates will not be cheap and FarSight will again be looking to hold off on submitting to Microsoft until they have multiple table packs, bug fixes and improvements to submit all at once.

The bottom line is, don't expect any new content for the Xbox 360 until at least late March or possibly even early April, the one year anniversary of the original release of The Pinball Arcade on XBLA.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
As much as I would like to see all content released on the Xbox 360 all at once, this simply doesn't make any business sense. The Kickstarter tables will be available first at launch and should be for two reasons : 1) Everyone who has already pledged money well in advance and chose the Xbox 360 as their platform of choice as their reward for either or both Kickstarters needs to get their tables as soon as possible. 2) Re-launching the new version of The Pinball Arcade around The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation will no doubt net FarSight some much needed dashboard space for advertising.

Also, the remaining packs (#4 - #8) need to be released in at least two week intervals to keep The Pinball Arcade high on the dashboard for as long as possible for extra exposure. Just remember, not everyone (especially many casual gamers) has the money or is willing to purchase so much content all at once. If all content was released at the same time, the game itself plus all content will fall quickly down the dashboard and reduce much needed exposure for the new version of The Pinball Arcade.

Last but certainly not least, if FarSight releases all content on the day of launch, Xbox 360 users will be waiting another 6 months for new content to show up. Remember, the new publisher doesn't change the fact that after the initial free update (which FarSight should get for theoretically launching a new game), subsequent updates will not be cheap and FarSight will again be looking to hold off on submitting to Microsoft until they have multiple table packs, bug fixes and improvements to submit all at once.

The bottom line is, don't expect any new content for the Xbox 360 until at least late March or possibly even early April, the one year anniversary of the original release of The Pinball Arcade on XBLA.

+1

That sounds more realistic than anything and its actually a smarter way to market the new Pinball Arcade for the 360. 360 owners don't have to worry about catching the other devices. It will in time.

Jan 6, 2013

Thank you Pin Wiz,very good point.I guess i was just being greedy wanting them all at once,but the best way for FS is not to release them all at once.I understand that completely as far as business goes.Wow March or April though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts