You know what really gets under my skin in this table?

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Those outlanes. I swear to god, I'm trying to get the Ringmaster Battle wizard goal, but at around Razz and Special, it's like magnets turn on in those lanes. One time, I got a replay on my first ball, and made it to Frenzie. That ball shoots down an outlane, and then I get to Razz on the second ball. But when I go to shoot the Ringmaster, it's like... drained in an instant down those damn lanes again! And the rest of the balls drain, without making any flipper contact! No amount of nudging could save them! Also, I can't go without mentioning the outer loop after clearing the acrobats. If you clear them, and shoot the right loops, you're gonna instantly lose your ball, straight down the middle, no matter how much nudging you do. Ugh, anybody got any tips to prevent this stuff from happening?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Consult the strategy guide here: CV Tactics and Strategies.

TL;DR Version: You want to not be near the outlanes in the first place, which means avoiding side-to-side motion, which in turns means proactive nudging after each shot to the Ringmaster to keep the ball off those slingshots.

As for the Acrobat loop, nudge while the ball is still in the loop to deaden its momentum and make its exit from the loop much more manageable.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Yes, true, but there's also the case of the holes right at the curves of the inlanes. You can head down the inlane, and the ball will bounce through that hole, and down the drain. It also happens when a ball travels backwards through an inlane, and shoots right through that hole.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I hated the ringmaster shots at first, but now I find it the safest way to play. Basically, avoid the inner loop around him and know how to react when you miss and do hit it. Left flipper is safest, and dead passes are incredible easy. Never shoot during boom balloon, and for all it,s worth, avoid getting into the menagerie targets on the lower left.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Oh, wow. So I finally activate Ringmaster Battle, and it took a little while, but I managed to beat the Ringmaster. When I sent the last shot at him, the entire thing went nuts. I swear, I thought I broke the machine! Random sound effects coming from the speakers, all sorts of random animations from anything at all on the DMD, and just utter chaos. After cooling off from taht... psychotic moment, I proceeded to start the Wizard Mode, and came face to face with my archnemesis, Unmask Voltaire. It was quite funny, I make the first pair of shots to the Ringmaster, and to the ramp, and I lose two of my balls. It took a while to get the second ramp shot, which I was happy I pulled off, and it was just smooth sailing from there. I don't think I lost any balls in beating Meet the Cirqus! Whatever the case may be, I finally beat all the Wizard goals, and now I can just play for points. Wow, that was adrenaline-pumping! Heh.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Congrats Punisher. I still haven't gotten there. Sounds exciting. Has anyone ever posted a video of this? I'm gonna have to look around. Hmmm

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I actually recorded a video of a recent ~185mil game that I played. I don't remember if I actually beat the ring master battle in that game though. I tend to let it play out so I can replay it indefinitely, and when I decide to actually cash in on the 10 mil + extra ball, I somehow manage to **** up and not get a single hit in.

The video is like 45 minutes long, though.. I think the reason I screwed up in the end was actually that I had to get out for an appointment (it was christmas eve), and I subconsiously started playing worse. :p That stuff happens a lot, especially if the first ball is exceptionally good.

I think wizard mode (join the cirqus) on this table is actually surprisingly easy to get to. I tend to avoid it, again to keep replaying ringmaster battle. It's a really fun wizard mode though (unlike TOTAN)

Members online

Members online