Beta (1.10.0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok guys here is the current Beta.

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity_AttackFromMars.apk

Keep in mind the cameras are placeholders for now (our camera guy was out last week) but I will update you with a new build monday or tuesday. Also, the icons will still say star trek. This will include Attack from Mars and Genie and another iteration of the new ui including portrait. There is a known issue where when rotating too much on the main menu or table select screen (the new stuff) the game goes black. Any further info on that particular bug will help me track that down (can't get it to repro on a S3 but can on a atrix 4g *shrugs*).

Thanks and enjoy!

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Having a tough time pressing the menu buttons to nav around the app. I thought i needed to press harder but doesnt seem to be it. Also buying the new table pack seems unavailable... Great work though!

Edit: AFM ball launch seems unresponsive. To buy pack you need to download a demo first.
Also,
APP menu sometimes gets stuck with displaying only yellow background and buttons are all gone.

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I downloaded the AFM demo, launched it, and went to launch the ball. I launched it, and then the game said I reached the scoring limit for the free version. My score is 0. I got to at least get the ball onto the playfield and through a rollover before I got the scoring limit message (5,000). Yeesh.

Echoing Michael, the buttons do seem a little unresponsive on the menu.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok guys here is the current Beta.

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity_AttackFromMars.apk

Keep in mind the cameras are placeholders for now (our camera guy was out last week) but I will update you with a new build monday or tuesday. Also, the icons will still say star trek. This will include Attack from Mars and Genie and another iteration of the new ui including portrait. There is a known issue where when rotating too much on the main menu or table select screen (the new stuff) the game goes black. Any further info on that particular bug will help me track that down (can't get it to repro on a S3 but can on a atrix 4g *shrugs*).

Thanks and enjoy!

Does this mean that Genie and Attack from Mars will have a more zoomed and top down view like Black Hole and Tales of the Arabian Nights on Camera 1? I certainly hope so because trying to fit the backglass (or the DMD portion of the backglass) on the screen at the same time as the playfield isn't ideal for phones and smaller devices, especially when using portrait view.

Also, no strobe light for Strobe Light Multiball???

By the way, the newer tables look more polished and play better with each release. Keep up the great work!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I downloaded it, but it didn't show up in my apps and the new tables are not available. How do I get this to work right? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Victory.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, can you please implement the ability for us to back out of the game with the phone or device's "back" button. Before the new UI was implemented, we were able to use the "back" button to back out the game itself. Using the "home" button (although it works) is not the proper way to back out of or close an app. Please implement this before release.

N

Nik Barbour

Won't open on Nexus7. (4.2.1)
Get the farsight flash screen, can hear a few chords of music, briefly see modified menu - then CRASH! everytime.
This happens in both Portrait and Landscape.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Nick!

It works on my ASUS-700 and the Hardware should be very close as well as the OS... I was even able to complete transactions with Googleplay and purchase the Game Pak. I'm currently downloading all the tables (22 of them now) and will soon try the ATM and Genie out.

I did a completely clean install including deleting the cache and saved data. Maybe try that ?

Good luck !

Timelord ...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Installed the beta over my current version 1.9.1 on my Galaxy S III with no problems. I was able to purchase and play both Attack from Mars and Genie. Make sure you reboot your device after installing.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Tried with gingerbread 2.3.7 too - frozen on table / tournament / options menu. I can see the buttons but they don't respond to pressing.
I've wiped saved data - even with app thinking its new on device it refuses to play.

Getting exact same result on desire s as with Nexus.
Few chords of music, menu pops up, and it either freezes or crashes.

Downloaded apk separately on each device BTW.

Last edited:

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
Beta is broken on Evo 3D.

First: without logging in I could access the new tables and download it but right after I launch the ball the demo ends asking me to buy the table or quit.

Second: While I am logged in, the beta is more broken. After app starts, while in the main menu doing nothing. no touching the screen or anything. the app force closes after few second on main menu.

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012
Seems to be working just fine on my Nexus 7 running 4.2.1.

Portrait menu works fine, was able to purchase and download both new tables, play them without running into any major bugs.

Only thing I ran across is even after logging out/logging in I'm still getting the unable to connect to leaderboards issue I've usually been having.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I've been getting the "unable to connect to leaderboards" issue sporadically since the 1.9.0 update as well. Logging out, force closing the app, then logging back in seems to be the only way to reconnect on my Galaxy S III running 4.1.1.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Works fine on my Nexus 7 running 4.2.1 (stock)

Nice to see the menu now working in portrait. As above with AFM, as soon as I plunge the ball it says I have reached the table scoring limit for FREE PLAY. I've since purchased the table pack and game plays fine so far.

I can't wait for this table to hit the Xbox............ cheers guys.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
UI completely unresponsive in portrait on my Galaxy S.

Skillshot impossible on AFM as you can hold left flipper up when you plunge, it just fires the ball off.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Tried a full data wipe and clean install on desire s (Nexus 7 is same) - still can't get first ui menu to respond in either landscape or portrait.
Splash screen shows Farsight logo, music plays briefly, as soon as menu displays music stops, then you're either left with a menu that won't respond to presses, or the app closes.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
UI completely unresponsive in portrait on my Galaxy S.

Skillshot impossible on AFM as you can hold left flipper up when you plunge, it just fires the ball off.

+1 on this. (Skillshot)

Also when the ball rolls back down the center loop and right loop it often comes back at crazy angles as it catches end of rail.......... is this correct? As with MM this table relies on good nudging........ roll on XBOX DLC :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Launch button issue here as well.

Also is that launch button much lower than other tables? Will these special buttons locations be standardized across all tables moving forward? (EDIT: I will load the Controller Touchscreen map later today and see if the position has changed)

Even with the camera angles being a known issue, the DMD (EDIT: In the Backbox) is all aliased and unviewable. Even worse than Cirqus Voltaire was.

This is on the TF300T as well.

Last edited:
K

Korven

Gah! 2 shots away from destroying mars I get Total annihilation. In a split second, balls drain, end game screen comes up, no bonus count, can't enter initials, no entry on leadborad, only HoF-points.
afmgbb

Edit:Image won't show; http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/78909/afmgbb

N

Nik Barbour

Its the leaderboard thats causing the crashes on my devices.

If I play as guest, its ok.

Soon as I log in crash every time. (whats changed there?)

I can login under 1.9.1
Can't login in 1.10.0

What i have to do to get working is..
Install 1.9.1 log out within the app.
Install 1.10.0 and play as guest.

Any chance you could fix this for me Ryan? Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.