Best Site for Pinball Rankings?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Someone on this site mentioned a place they go for rankings that's much better and more accurate than the ipdb. Where was that site, or other noteworthy ones? Ipdb's rankings are way too unstable to be taken seriously - a year or two ago, Centaur was number one in the rankings, now it's not even in the top 50.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, Pinside's rankings are pretty good:
http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

There is definitely an emphasis on newer machines. It would be nice to see a separate list for EMs (It's in the plans: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/em )

I wish there was a site that had a list just for 1975-1985 SS machines too since early SS games are pretty different from newer ones. Nice site, though. I'm surprised T3 made it on the list. From what I read, it doesn't sound bad, but reviews seemed mixed. However, I noticed a few of the negative reviews were the one sentence reviews with very low ratings, which doesn't help a lot when you just want to know the plusses and minuses of the game.

Another thing I noticed is that both Addams Family and Addams Family Gold are on the same list.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I wish there was a site that had a list just for 1975-1985 SS machines too since early SS games are pretty different from newer ones. Nice site, though. I'm surprised T3 made it on the list. From what I read, it doesn't sound bad, but reviews seemed mixed. However, I noticed a few of the negative reviews were the one sentence reviews with very low ratings, which doesn't help a lot when you just want to know the plusses and minuses of the game.

Another thing I noticed is that both Addams Family and Addams Family Gold are on the same list.

An early SS section would be great.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but nothing based on opinions is going to be. It's a great list, nevertheless. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, on the internet.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
An early SS section would be great.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but nothing based on opinions is going to be. It's a great list, nevertheless. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, on the internet.

yeah. I agree it's a good list. I want to try that Mousin' Around machine. It sounds fun. I think it's System 11, as well. It would be cool, if they both came to Pinball Arcade, if it was released together with Bad Cats.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Pinside is the best for rankings as far as I've seen, although at least for SS, IPDB isn't off base as much as a lot of people make it out to be. I can look at their top 10 and if you go to a pinball museum those are the machine that have the line. In looking at lots of posts of the most wanted pinball machines for TPA, you see the Addams Family, Cirqus Voltaire, ST:TNG, LOTR, Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, etc. Heck I wouldn't disagree with a good deal of the top pins in their ranking but I think after the top 20 it starts to have a few entries that seem out of place. It's all subjective. Of course Slick Chick was nowhere to be found on their EM rankings until the dude on the documentary stated it was his favorite and now it's number 1.
I do see there are a lot of people who seem to give intentionally awful or horribly favorable scores that seem a little too nice or too harsh compared to what they write or if they don't give a review they put scores that definitely make you scratch your head. Of course it seems that every game suffers from people scoring it bad so in the end it probably washes out to a good extent.

Members online

Members online