Cheapest Phone and Tablet that will run TPA well?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Just mulling over ideas for a present, I don't want to spend lots but want the recipient to fully enjoy TPA.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
TPA is supposedly made run on even single-core devices, but you could always go for at least a dual core to be on the safe side. Don't flake out on screensize though. 10.1 inch for the win.
Perhaps it would help if you specified what "not lots" would boil down to.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
There's a minimum requirement for resolution as a Galaxy Ace won't download it from the market.

N

Nik Barbour

My (soon to be replaced - yay renewal time) 1ghz single core 1mb int ram Desire S plays it, I think is minimum spec, but it struggles, and needs overclock for RBION. Anything better than this should do it.

I'll bet an Samsung Galaxy SII can be had cheap now and would play very nicely! A HTC sensation goes new for £150 (dual core - nice screen - root it to get rid of sense ui).

My sister has a Note1 - that plays TPA well.
As soon as someone gives me a device to try, first thing I do is download TPA:).
I've got Nexus 7 (£160 16GB / £199 32gb) no lag even in LITZ, very happy with it.
My Mum got a Kindle Fire HD which got TPA installed when I was setting it up for her- it played TOTAN (free table) nicely, but screen and processor don't compare to Nexus.

Don't buy chinese - tried a Stealth Hydro X someone at work bought - the screen quality was awful, you had to stab with your finger so hard just to get it to register. Scary thing is, the guy who bought it is my company's IT manager.

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Doing a bit of browsing around that Nexus 7 is probably the best bang for your buck around at the moment. It's a Tegra3 quad-core! The only cheaper candidate would have to be a smartphone rather than a tablet. But do you really picture playing this on an itsy bitsy smartphonescreen? Can be done I guess, but would that be fully enjoying?

N

Nik Barbour

Just mulling over ideas for a present, I don't want to spend lots but want the recipient to fully enjoy TPA.

Ahh - the modern way to a girls heart, buy her a smartphone for TPA.

In my day - you got 'em pishky, and bought her some chips to eat whilst you were doing your thang!

Buy her an S3 you cheap Bar steward - it'll cost less than a diamond ring :D (only joking mate).

Last edited:

heavydskipp

May 31, 2012
I am using the nexus 7 and it works great for TPA. I would recommend it, but make sure you spend the extra money and get the 32 gig. The smaller one will fill up to fast. Nexus 7 TPA all day........

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Ahh - the modern way to a girls heart, buy her a smartphone for TPA.

In my day - you got 'em pishky, and bought her some chips to eat whilst you were doing your thang!

Buy her an S3 you cheap Bar steward - it'll cost less than a diamond ring :D (only joking mate).
Haha how did you know :D

Yeah I completely forget about the Nexus 7 :eek:

N

Nik Barbour

Haha how did you know :D

Yeah I completely forget about the Nexus 7 :eek:

Your forgetting I've got access to your Facebook page. :D

Nexus 7 is great - very pleased with mine. If you can swing the extra dosh, definitely get the 32gb.

Only wierd thing with the Nexus that I've not come across before, is because it's non removable simulated sd memory, you can use Titanium backup, but can't protect the backups apart from manually copying them away.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Your forgetting I've got access to your Facebook page. :D

Nexus 7 is great - very pleased with mine. If you can swing the extra dosh, definitely get the 32gb.

Only wierd thing with the Nexus that I've not come across before, is because it's non removable simulated sd memory, you can use Titanium backup, but can't protect the backups apart from manually copying them away.

Have a look at DataSync on the Android market, it will backup to the cloud and sync data across devices :)

Fireplace

Jan 14, 2013
AFA the phone option... I recommend a larger screen. My xperia play screen is too small for my liking. It has a 4" display. I tried it on a 4.8 screen and found it so much better.
The single core tablet I have runs the game awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts