New DLC Tables for PS3/XBOX? When and how often?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
OK I might not be in the right place or have not seen a thread on when a release date for new tables will happen. I know ANDROID and other portable devices have had their first DLC table pack. And I heard it will be 2 per month or something like that. Any idea when it will happen for the PS3/XBOX?

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I want to play more tables just as much as the next guy but I really hope Farsight doesn't overextend themselves. Releasing on so many platforms in such a short time frame has got to be overwhelming.

I would prefer it if they spent all their time and energy (at least initially) making Pinball Arcade as stable and bug free as possible, then concentrate on new material.

Travis Fedytnyk

Mar 27, 2012
I want to play more tables just as much as the next guy but I really hope Farsight doesn't overextend themselves. Releasing on so many platforms in such a short time frame has got to be overwhelming.

I would prefer it if they spent all their time and energy (at least initially) making Pinball Arcade as stable and bug free as possible, then concentrate on new material.

I was actually wondering the same thing, how on earth are they supposed to create new tables (2 of them) and fix bugs for every platform in just 30 days. seems like an awful big task for these guys at Farsight. Farsight youve got my faith lol

and from now on I will sign every post until its created with "the only prescription for this fever is Adams Family"

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
and from now on I will sign every post until its created with "the only prescription for this fever is Adams Family"
They want to do TAF, and they know we want them to do TAF. It's just there's a lot of licensing that has to happen before they can do it, and for it to work at all, the cost of this licensing has to be something that they can realistically recoup.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I was actually wondering the same thing, how on earth are they supposed to create new tables (2 of them) and fix bugs for every platform in just 30 days. seems like an awful big task for these guys at Farsight. Farsight youve got my faith lol

It seems that they have a pretty big head start on the future tables. Remember in the "making of" video they were working on tables that haven't even been announced yet, and that video is several months old. However, it seems they were still putting finishing touches on the first two DLC tables not long ago, so it's still a ton of work and especially when you consider all the different platforms.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I think it is very ambitious of FS to state from the start that they will be releasing 2 new tables every month!....i just think its not possible to consistantly put 2 tables out every month, with soo many platforms they are releasing on i think they have bitten of more than they can chew in regards to 2 tables every month. I would much rather have say 2 tables very 2 month if they would be polished and have no bugs rather than them not be of the highest possible quality and riddled with bugs.

A good instance of this is the 360 version, i feel that FS felt like they were under pressure to get the 360 version out as soon as possible. The PS3 version has many more features than the 360 due to this, challenge, tournament options, advanced lightning engine and sharper visuals. If FS had of kept the 360 version release back and released the same time as the PS3 version then i dont think there would be any difference between the 2 versions, as it stands FS are having to patch the 360 version to get it up to spec.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think it is very ambitious of FS to state from the start that they will be releasing 2 new tables every month!....i just think its not possible to consistantly put 2 tables out every month, with soo many platforms they are releasing on i think they have bitten of more than they can chew in regards to 2 tables every month. I would much rather have say 2 tables very 2 month if they would be polished and have no bugs rather than them not be of the highest possible quality and riddled with bugs.

A good instance of this is the 360 version, i feel that FS felt like they were under pressure to get the 360 version out as soon as possible. The PS3 version has many more features than the 360 due to this, challenge, tournament options, advanced lightning engine and sharper visuals. If FS had of kept the 360 version release back and released the same time as the PS3 version then i dont think there would be any difference between the 2 versions, as it stands FS are having to patch the 360 version to get it up to spec.

Good point, but also remember that they've been so busy getting all the releases out, plus patching non-table related bugs. Once everything is released and the bugs are sorted, they'll have a lot more time to work on the tables, and, like I said, they seem to have a big head start on future tables, so I'm guessing they probably have quite a few ready to go or at least close to being ready.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I don't think they would say it unless they mean it. I would venture to say they already have a years worth of tables pretty much ready for release sitting in a hopper just ready to go. So the tables they are working on right now will not be released until next year. One thing to note, I have the PS3 / PS Vita versions and I only found one bug so far in the Black Hole table and I can also tell you that challenge is not up and running and I do not even know what it is, is it online multi-player? and Tournament is not working yet either, both say they will be available once more tables are released so don't feel too bad XBOX folks.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I can also tell you that challenge is not up and running and I do not even know what it is, is it online multi-player? and Tournament is not working yet either, both say they will be available once more tables are released so don't feel too bad XBOX folks.

Challenge I believe is just that. Setting a personal record beating a set score. for instance say 30m on the TOTAN Table (exaggeration) or something like that.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Good point, but also remember that they've been so busy getting all the releases out, plus patching non-table related bugs. Once everything is released and the bugs are sorted, they'll have a lot more time to work on the tables, and, like I said, they seem to have a big head start on future tables, so I'm guessing they probably have quite a few ready to go or at least close to being ready.

I just hope they get some more help in the future. Farsight's previous games have been buggy, as well.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
By the looks of it, the DLC update for iOS fixed the ipad3 issues, it also looks like they will be addressing several issues brought up with the XBOX version.
I don't mean to be an apologist, but really what are we missing on XBOX, some lighting and flipper lag? That's about it. We still have 4 fairly solid tables with some minor bugs. I know at least some of us accepted that we would end up being playtesters to a degree. I had to play BH for almost a week before i noticed a ball going through the flippers as it seems to be only under a very certain cercumstance or small set of them. These things sometimes don't surface until a large number of hands have touched the product. Improvements are on the way and i'm happy for that.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
By the looks of it, the DLC update for iOS fixed the ipad3 issues, it also looks like they will be addressing several issues brought up with the XBOX version.
I don't mean to be an apologist, but really what are we missing on XBOX, some lighting and flipper lag? That's about it. We still have 4 fairly solid tables with some minor bugs. I know at least some of us accepted that we would end up being playtesters to a degree. I had to play BH for almost a week before i noticed a ball going through the flippers as it seems to be only under a very certain cercumstance or small set of them. These things sometimes don't surface until a large number of hands have touched the product. Improvements are on the way and i'm happy for that.

I agree, I've been playing The Pinball Arcade on Xbox 360 with my custom settings for almost two weeks now and I have to say that I'm very happy with the lighting (sans the blown out look of the yellow lights) and physics. I'm still looking forward to any improvements FarSight plans on releasing in future updates, but for now, I'm very happy with the Xbox 360 version. :)

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'm also very happy with what they've done for the XBox 360 version. I very much like the idea of having a platform that they can consistently tweak and add new tables to. Extremely excited to see that Farsight is taking the time to read these forums and communicate with us - that bodes very well for continued support and table releases.

I was a big fan of Game Room on XBLA (a platform where you could play arcade and atari 2600 games and was supposed to have weekly updates) but it was handled very poorly with lots of bugs, almost zero communication from Microsoft or the devs (Krome Studios), and constant broken promises on DLC, which was very sad to see because it had tons of promise.

The Pinball Arcade has that same potential and I'm getting a much better vibe about it so far!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Challenge I believe is just that. Setting a personal record beating a set score. for instance say 30m on the TOTAN Table (exaggeration) or something like that.

Williams Challenge in POHF meant a mode where you had to beat a certain table's score before you could advance to the next one. Kind of like a survival mode. Nothing special imo.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Williams Challenge in POHF meant a mode where you had to beat a certain table's score before you could advance to the next one. Kind of like a survival mode. Nothing special imo.

Well I would think for trophy enthusiasts, it could be worth it. If there are trophies for that particular mode.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
The Williams Challenge in PHOF is a great mode. Adjusting quickly from one table to the other to beat a certain score is not as easy as it sounds because the flow of each table is different. I liked it a lot although you need some time to finish it in one sitting.

I doubt that they will have trophies for it, maybe one for winning the challenge as they did in PHOF.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts