Dr Dude and Firepower Announced for February!

N

netizen

I love Dr Dude.

I am always reminded of Dr Dude when i listen to the Beastie Boys "The gift of gab is the gift I have ..."

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be the first table pack to not feature a DMD machine, won't it?

Also, this leaves just Pin-Bot, Space Shuttle, Whirlwind, Sorcerer and Jive Time from the William HoF, and I think I read somewhere that there are no plans for Jive Time. Did I imagine that or has anyone else read it?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Never played Dr Dude but I think I remember Firepower way back in the 80's. I think Black Knight took most of my time though.

Yes I did hear that 1 or more tables from the HOF collection will not be redone. Space Shuttle was another one I played a lot in the 80's. I played many tables back then but when they started costing $1 or more I gave up. I wish I hadn't though.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be the first table pack to not feature a DMD machine, won't it?

Also, this leaves just Pin-Bot, Space Shuttle, Whirlwind, Sorcerer and Jive Time from the William HoF, and I think I read somewhere that there are no plans for Jive Time. Did I imagine that or has anyone else read it?

Sorcerer wasn't a sure thing either, or has that changed?

karl

May 10, 2012
I did not get that newsletter yet.(hopefully soon) This will not be my favorite pack and after AFM and Genie everything will be a slight letdown ;-) Still looking forward to it and thanks for sharing. A bit strange there will be no DMD in the pack but I have no problem with that at all. Anything at all is good by me :)

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
After watching that Dr. Dude video, I realized I have played it before. Couldn't say when or where, but I have.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I love Dr Dude.

I am always reminded of Dr Dude when i listen to the Beastie Boys "The gift of gab is the gift I have ..."

Yes. I love alphanumeric games.

I hate to be a negative nancy but until they start emulating the early electronics I'm not interested. Too many flaws in Black Knight I expect the same for Firepower.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I like Firepower but its my daughter's favorite pin. She was in Vegas over winter break and was really disappointed that the Pinball Hall of Fame didn't have Firepower anymore. She'll be happy to hear that its coming for TPA but I probably won't tell her until we know what month its coming out for PS3.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I'll decide what I think about those februari promises, after they come through on their januari promises... if you don't mind.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Hmmm. No interest in both.

I rwad in other topic almost all games from williams phof are done. But what then?

Spaceshuttle, and. Think 3 or 4 more to come. But whats next?

Can someone give a slight tip on what we will see this year?

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Sorcerer wasn't a sure thing either, or has that changed?

To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Sorcerer, but I love the fantasy genre. I'm really hoping Farsight will also release other awesome '80s fantasy based tables, like Swords of Fury.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Pin bot, whirlwind, plus they still have the Gottlieb collection to go through as well like El Dorado, Victory, Teed Off, Goin Nuts, Central Park, and Ace High.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Oh, ok, thanks. And that combined with some kickstarters, t2 to start with. Ok then we are a couple of months further on.

Nice. Got to say, was not impressed by genie when it was announcd, and i think i like it now. So maybe these two will work for me when i play them.

Still....... I really hope we see some new pins. As in build from 2005 and up.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I wouldn't bank too much on seeing all of those Gottliebs. IIRC Farsight made many of those with just pictures and information, and I think they are only doing machines they actually physically own now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.