Android Version 1.10.0 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Android version 1.10.0 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Call me cynical and bitter, but how is it that within an hour of release both the high scores for AFM and Genie get swamped. Either the iOS version is much easier or those scores are BS.

On the positive side I no longer get the rotation menu bug.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Call me cynical and bitter, but how is it that within an hour of release both the high scores for AFM and Genie get swamped. Either the iOS version is much easier or those scores are BS.

Well I think AFM has high scoring values. And extra ball is awarded at 4bil I think. Genie looks like an easy table to keep the ball in play than normal tables IMO. At least from what I saw trying it on my SG3. That said I think the friction/physics with the flippers seems better than I remember. Of course I don't play TPA on my phone because it is so small to really delve into the tables. It is remarkably noticeable that the physics are completely different on the phone than my PS3. Are we getting this update and tweaks for the PSN? If that's the case then BRAVO to the FS team. I guess I'll have to wait 3 more weeks to play new tables and get the 'update'.

I'm in pinball heaven with Zen and PA.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Haven't played AFM or Genie yet, because Google seems to have decided to force me to set up a Google Wallet account to buy them, and I haven't done that yet.

I'm having fun playing the tables I already own, because I got my hands on a device larger than my phone. Some of the touchscreen controls seem awkward on a tablet device; I pretty much have to use the accelerometer to nudge, because there's no way I'm getting my fingers up there in the touchscreen-nudge zone in time. The UI does look a little less ugly on a tablet than it does on a phone, though; it seems to have been designed for larger screens. I appreciate that they added a portrait mode.

But... check out Twilight Zone! The barrier is gone, and TZ has gotten harder. I didn't notice until it bit me with a left outlane drain, just like the real machine.

N

netizen

Rock-On. What sort of Tablet did you get to perfect your Pinball Wizardy skills on?

The shake to nudge is far more intuitive, but does take a bit to get used to.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Little disappointed with Genie visually. There seems to be a lot of uglies in the table art around lights. And a bulb hole showing. How is the table that far out of whack to have that showing? Took a screen then highlighted the bits that bugged me. Even AFM has a black seam in the middle. How hard would those things be to fix before release?
Screenshot__zpsb5cd9d48.png

Screenshot_2013-01-17-22-50-41_zps6c12436b.png

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Have you looked at what they are emulating in Genie? it looks pretty much like the actual table, only cleaner, imo.

Have a gander yourself.
http://www.ipdb.org/images/997/image-24.jpg

Yeah ... real table looks way better. I edited in the normal screenshot above. Look at the areas I drew out with in green on the unedited screen. Screenshots lost a little bit of the resolution but they show up really good to me.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
since release the iOS users have been raving about improved flipper physics in AFM. Has anyone played Android vs iOS to compare? Are they similar or different? I can't say I noticed a massive flipper physics difference when playing AFM on Android?

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Little disappointed with Genie visually. There seems to be a lot of uglies in the table art around lights. And a bulb hole showing. How is the table that far out of whack to have that showing? Took a screen then highlighted the bits that bugged me. Even AFM has a black seam in the middle. How hard would those things be to fix before release
I've noticed those as well. They're a bit distracting.

On the plus side there is enormous attention to detail on this table. Notice the screws at the bottom of the backglass. They're flat head. If you look at newer tables you'll see phillips head screws. I found that small detail to be pretty impressive on its own.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In creature from the black lagoon, I had a ball drain rather quickly and the ball saver dropped my new ball right down the right outlane. I only had this happen once ever as I don't lose balls quickly very often on this table

K

Korven

I see no problem with the AFM highscores, as I (not being a pin wiz) had 20B on ball 1 earlier today. Ofcourse the others drained brutally... In time we'll see insane scores on this table.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I see no problem with the AFM highscores, as I (not being a pin wiz) had 20B on ball 1 earlier today. Ofcourse the others drained brutally... In time we'll see insane scores on this table.

no worries - I'm just bitter that I can't even score 20B with 3 balls :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Attack_From_Mars_High_Score.png

I'm no pin wiz either, but I got this score legitimately as well. Taken the DMD and the High score table as proof .

I was tantalizingly close to Rule The Universe. Never got anywhere near this on the IRL table.

What is the last task you need to achieve? Is it hit the saucer drop target a gazillion times? The force field gate stays down after destroy mars, so I assume that is what it is.

I'm sure if I read the instructions it would tell me. ;-)

N

netizen

What is the last task you need to achieve?

Super Jackpot, Jet bumpers at 100, Total annihilation, umm and something else

The main objective of AFM is to Rule the Universe. In order to begin this feature, you must complete 6 objectives : (1) Collect at least one Super Jackpot. (2) Start Total Annihilation at least once. (3) Start Martian Attack Multiball at least once. (4) Conquer Mars by completing all 6 Attack Waves. (5) Start Super Jets, by completing a certain number of jet bumpers. (6) Complete at least one 5-Way Combo.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
yeah the same thing happened to me the other day. I'd failed to do super jets but because of the tiny text I couldn't read what I had to do. I've memorized those objective now :)

Was lucky enough to have a few games on a real AFM this morning. My best score was just 1B :) which says it all really. The bumpers in TPA do indeed seem accurate. The right orbit and lock ramp return definitely need some tweaking though - I found these quite different from what TPA provides.

torsten31j

Nov 29, 2012
@ Fairsight => Please arrange the extra bottoms at the tables on the same level. Harley,StarTrek........

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
@ Fairsight => Please arrange the extra buttons on the same level. Harley,StarTrek........

Absolutely!!

It makes it a total PITA to map screen taps to the special buttons like launch ball and magna save in joystick apps.

Review the x/y axis of all special buttons and apply a consistent location for the buttons to all tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts