TPA and Galaxy Note II

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nik Barbour

Sorry mate - I don't.
I have played TPA on my sisters note 1 which played quite nicely (didn't get long) but it's different hardware, different OS, and screen isn't as resource intensive, so I couldn't vouch for the note 2.

Try searching in the Android thread for 'Note 2'. I've definitely read a thread on there 'best phone for TPA' or something similar. But I think I also saw one where someone was having trouble with a note2.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I didn't see much out there, but ran across a couple of articles...still surprised there aren't more posts about it.

N

Nik Barbour

Wouldn't mind knowing myself.
Upgrade time is nearly due, current choices are S3 or Note2 - or hang back a while for S4.
More or less decided on S4 option.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Wouldn't mind knowing myself.
Upgrade time is nearly due, current choices are S3 or Note2 - or hang back a while for S4.
More or less decided on S4 option.

Yeah.....I'm in the same boat. Jan 28th I'm eligible... I had an awful experience with Android (Droid Charge) the first time and contemplating the move to the i5 or WP8. My wife has the S3 and she likes it, but I'm not loving it. The N2 is intriguing at best, but I just don't know.

N

Nik Barbour

Yeah.....I'm in the same boat. Jan 28th I'm eligible... I had an awful experience with Android (Droid Charge) the first time and contemplating the move to the i5 or WP8. My wife has the S3 and she likes it, but I'm not loving it. The N2 is intriguing at best, but I just don't know.

I'm a bit of an Android fan so won't be changing to ios or Windows.

Was playing with a Nokia lumia 920 (win 8 ) someone just got and was impressed with the camera, but don't like the OS or the app store quality and quantity personally.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I'm a bit of an Android fan so won't be changing to ios or Windows.

Was playing with a Nokia lumia 920 (win8) someone just got and was impressed with the camera, but don't like the OS or the app store quality and quantity personally.
Or the lack of TPA? :p

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
So nobody here has a Galaxy Note II?

I just got one recently. The game plays nice and smooth and looks great, but I don't really like touch-screen controls so I don't play it much. But in terms of how well the device runs the game I'd say it does extremely well.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Cool, thanks for the input....

I do have an iPad3 and a Nexus7 also, which I prefer playing TPA on while I wait for the XBOX tables.

I think I'm going to go for the GNII, unless it's just too big for my hands. iPhone5 is plagued with battery draining issues and it's just too damned small, and WP8 just isn't quite there yet (that, and not enough models on Verizon). My wife has the GS3 and it's solid, so I might go with that if the GNII doesn't work for me.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The Note II is pretty big, its not really a phone that you can carry in your pocket comfortably.. But on the other hand the nice big screen is great for internet and/or video and its pretty powerful. Its almost like halfway between a normal smartphone and a small tablet.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
The Galaxy Note 2 is an awesome phone and runs TPA beautifully. I have had no discomfort with this in my pocket at all. It has a big screen, but is a thin phone. I have had one for a month and a half now and have nothing bad to say about this phone. First smart phone I've been completely satisfied with.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The Note II looks to be a great phone, especially if you like handwritten notes, drawing and seeing things without glasses.

Can't complain about the S3 but the Note 2 is the 50" Plasma screen of smartphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts