So Um, About AC/DC Pinball Being "Impossible"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Due to expensive licensing issues, how the hell do you explain this?

http://i.pgu.me/WIfloZz0_original.jpg

WIfloZz0_original.jpg

Don't recall the "Pinball Rocks!" Folks doing a kickstarter...

Now I'm going to assume this game doesn't license the AC/DC tracks, since that's what Farsight has said is so damn expensive to license. But why can't they just get impersonators to cover the songs? Ever play Guitar Hero? Some of those impersonators are amazingly close to the real thing.

I'm pleading ignorance here because I don't own this game but how do they have the license at all if its supposedly so expensive? I mean sheesh this is a pretty unknown app too it's buried in the search...

Am I missing something here?

Thoughts...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
What the what. According to the reviews it HAS AC/DC MUSIC IN IT.

Ok what the duck.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It may have to do with who the developer is.

Lol wow I've been powned. Sony music. Well that explains everything.

Thanks man, ill use my eyeballs next time.

Paging Jeff Strong. Close her on up, nothing to see here folks!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I was going to complain that they developed an original game instead of emulating the excellent Stern table... but this game actually predates the Stern table.

(The other case that I remember frustrating me was the 1998 PC "Star Trek Pinball" simulation, which implemented several tables that were by all accounts terrible instead of just emulating the Williams Star Trek: TNG. All is forgiven, though...)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
As I mentioned a while back, one of the sandtraps to Farsight going after licenses and establishing their credentials , is they get flat out rejected only to find the license holder , was interested, just not in having FarSight as it's partner , with Disney ? It does not take much imagination for you to see , Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball , Disney's Star Wars Pinball being developed under their own label . Probably badly handled too. So many of these companies (like VALVE) are blind to quality , and only see a quick cash in opportunity.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
As I mentioned a while back, one of the sandtraps to Farsight going after licenses and establishing their credentials , is they get flat out rejected only to find the license holder , was interested, just not in having FarSight as it's partner , with Disney ? It does not take much imagination for you to see , Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball , Disney's Star Wars Pinball being developed under their own label . Probably badly handled too. So many of these companies (like VALVE) are blind to quality , and only see a quick cash in opportunity.

While I am also frustrated with the whole Greenlight process and the obstacle it represents, I don't know that I would say Valve is blind to quality. They themselves develop some of the best video games out there, hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts