Strobe Multiball

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
One of my favourite features of AFM and understandably not really simulated on iOS due to hardware limitations.

What are the chances of this getting a more accurate representation on consoles? I know Mike has been on the forum recently contributing to the General Illumination discussion, mentioning possible improvements to the lighting on consoles. I wonder if this is what he had in mind? Not to mention that CV made a pretty good stab at something similar with Neon Multiball.

I can't think of any table better than AFM to showcase dynamic lighting support!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm still clinging to the hope that lighting on the iPad can be improved, at least on the latest generation. I have an iPad 3 but will be getting whatever the 5 turns out to be. So far the extra grunt of the iPad 4 hasn't been put to use so there should be plenty of extra power once the 5 comes out.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Wow, that's awesome. I can see now why someone might complain that something was lost in translation.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
to be fair, that video overstates it a LITTLE .. it seems to be taking place in a completely dark room. still, the iPad version is not representative :)

(by the way, at the National Pinball Museum in Baltimore, their AFM is in it's own little dark room -- now i know why! haha)

Chk1975

Aug 28, 2012
strobe MB is awesome in a real table.
I have modded my own afm in a way that when strobe MB is running the backbox ligtning also turns of for an even better strobing effect.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
While this looks awesome IRL, I can't imagine it looking that good on Pinball Arcade. Would it be one frame of gameplay and then 29 frames pitch black, repeated?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.