PS3 - Bug Freezing

Illuminosopher

Apr 12, 2012
I have had it happen 2 times now I will go to check the leaderboard it will be stuck in loading I will exit back to the games main menu and then exit the game using the home button on the PS3 controller and it will go to black screen and freeze up the only way to reset the PS3 when this happens is to disconnect the power from it.

Edit: I should note that I have a slim Ps3

Last edited:

Stan Smith

Apr 5, 2012
I saw this one too - I was eventually able to PS3-button my way back to the crossbar interface and kill it. Too bad, since the game is absolutely *gorgeous* on the PS3. Even decent on the Vita. Just doesn't work at all on my iPad, which is what I take to work for downtime. :(

Travis Fedytnyk

Mar 27, 2012
I have had it happen 2 times now I will go to check the leaderboard it will be stuck in loading I will exit back to the games main menu and then exit the game using the home button on the PS3 controller and it will go to black screen and freeze up the only way to reset the PS3 when this happens is to disconnect the power from it.

now that i read this, i believe that this also happened to me last night, i didnt read into it much because my NHL 12 also freezes my ps3, but not like this, im pretty sure it was the same way as Illuminospher. Actually had to flip the power switch in the back of my PS3(i still have the old model not the slim)

Kong Wen

Apr 26, 2012
I've had this happen 3-4 times now, exact same behaviour. It gets stuck loading forever, but you can still back out of the leaderboards and so other stuff; however, when you try to exit the game, the PS3 seizes up and you have to hold the reset/off button to shut the system down.

Ballpin

Sep 13, 2012
This is still happening, it's happened to me about 5 or 6 times now. It has something to do with going to the leaderboards then it'll say "loading" but never loads then it will freeze the PS3 shortly after. It's also a weird freeze, the only way I've been able to shut off my PS3 is to pull the power cable out of the back. I've even beaten my high score on a game and then had it freeze and the score didn't get posted on the leaderboards yet the score is still in my local high scores for that table. This is really annoying because I know sooner or later I'm going to have a great game going and get a blue moon high score (at least a high score for me) and have the game cheat me out of it being posted due to a freeze.

It's disappointing to know this was reported months ago and nothing has been done to fix it. Don't get me wrong I love this game but it's seriously time to start fixing all the existing problems with it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I used to have this happen to me when exiting PHOF: Williams too. Strange, no? I've managed to avoid it for a while now though by doing this...I push 'circle' till I'm all the way backed out of every menu. I wait 5 seconds, then I quit the game. see if that helps any.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Which patch is your game updated to ? version 2.01 release on Sept 4th ? or version 2.02 recalled patch released on Sept. 7th ?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm with patch 2.02, but I learned that trick prior to that patch. I can't confirm it's actually doing anything, just that I haven't had a complete freeze in a while.

Ballpin

Sep 13, 2012
version 2.01 release on Sept 4th. I never got the 2.02 before they recalled it.

I'll remember that about shutting the game off but it's frozen on me at times trying to view the leaderboards.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Do you play many other games on your PS3 or have you upgraded the hdd?
After upgrading my hdd to a Samsung 500GB hdd I started getting a lot of lockups on various games.
Eventually I got a YLOD (it was an original 80GB MGS4 Bundle model) So that was that..

My new slim 320GB model hasn't locked up even once and I've been playing the same games that were previously locking up too.

Ballpin

Sep 13, 2012
It's a PS3 slim 320GB and only about 5 months old. It only seems to freeze in TPA when you check the leaderboards and it says loading and never loads anything, soon after or if you try to exit the game it will freeze. It's not all the time, it seems to just randomly happen but if you go to the leaderboards and it just keeps saying "loading" you can expect a freeze.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
version 2.01 release on Sept 4th. I never got the 2.02 before they recalled it.

I'll remember that about shutting the game off but it's frozen on me at times trying to view the leaderboards.

Version 2.01< I cant speak on much , as I got the update 2.02 and no game freeze yet. This will hopefully be repaired in version 2.03 .
Mike any update for the 2.03 patch ETA?

Boggystyle

Jul 2, 2012
I just had a freeze while checking the leaderboard immediately after scoring my highest in Gorgar; thankfully it registered or my suspicions about Gorgar being truly evil would have been confirmed.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
I just had a freeze while checking the leaderboard immediately after scoring my highest in Gorgar; thankfully it registered or my suspicions about Gorgar being truly evil would have been confirmed.

This actually did happen to me, had a freeze, but the score DIDN'T register....thankfully I've topped it since.

Suspicions? Pfft. Gorgar is pure evil. Don't ever forget it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.