I just want to buy Attack from Mars..

night

May 18, 2012
Hey, I don't get it, perhaps it is discussed somewhere else but how can I buy just AFM? I only get the option to buy the table pack or the pro table pack. All tables can be bought individually. Is this new policy?
(Genie gives me ball stutter problems on the iPad2, but AFM plays smooth.. so I don't feel much for paying for Genie as well.)

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
I don't have an answer to if you can buy it separately, but £3 for both tables is a bargain for AFM alone IMO, already had my money's worth several times over. As it also means support for Farsight so they can keep making the tables I think it's a very cheap price to pay. :)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I don't have an answer to if you can buy it separately, but £3 for both tables is a bargain for AFM alone IMO, already had my money's worth several times over. As it also means support for Farsight so they can keep making the tables I think it's a very cheap price to pay. :)

+1 you can only buy them in a pack at the moment. As above, the pack is cheap as chips and well worth it. You really can't grumble at £3 considering the amount of fun you get out of both these tables or even just 1 in your case.

night

May 18, 2012
If they allowed you to purchase them seperately, they'd not sell many Genies.

Genie is a good game for folks who have difficulties falling asleep.

I don't consider €4,49 'a bargain', this gives me a fun table and a cripled one as a bonus.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I've purchased full price games £30+ on the Xbox and had far less enjoyment than I have out of this table pack. Mobile gaming is so cheap - people want something for nothing these days. Any cheaper and FS will soon be out of business.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Hey, I don't get it, perhaps it is discussed somewhere else but how can I buy just AFM? I only get the option to buy the table pack or the pro table pack. All tables can be bought individually. Is this new policy?
(Genie gives me ball stutter problems on the iPad2, but AFM plays smooth.. so I don't feel much for paying for Genie as well.)

Both play smoothly on my iPad 2, iOS 6.

I wonder if certain apps, podcast downloads, etc. lead to stuttery play sometimes. I recently turned off most notifications, unsubscribed to podcasts I never listened to anyway, and I think it may have made a difference. Also freed up 5 or so GB... I was getting low on free memory at times.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Is this new policy?
If so, it's an understandable move. We're post-twilightzone now. Besides a handfull of lycense-heavy titles, FarSight has already released all the tables topping the IPDB 300. Chances that a new release tickles your fancy less than previous ones did are on the rise.
The way I see it, with TPA you're not just getting a game, but a kind of game/museum hybrid. FarSight's in-game mission statement makes that much clear. Preserving a bit of Americana. The idea is to keep the museum growing and growing, and in order to also release tables that someone other than you would enjoy -while keeping things financially viable- the best FS can do by now is try to release 2-table-packs that contain at least one table you desire. Maybe we'll ultimately be looking at bi-monthly 3-table-packs. Who knows?

Should lycense-heavy titles like TAF or T2 get off the ground, those will assumably get released seperately instead of a 2-table-pack, but once you've spent all your gunpowder, or at least all the prime stuff, you gotta compensate somehow.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Both play smoothly on my iPad 2, iOS 6.

I wonder if certain apps, podcast downloads, etc. lead to stuttery play sometimes. I recently turned off most notifications, unsubscribed to podcasts I never listened to anyway, and I think it may have made a difference. Also freed up 5 or so GB... I was getting low on free memory at times.

I'll dive into it, hopefully I can work it out, thanks.

EDIT: Tried it, turned all notifications off, made a restart. TZ and ST: TNG are stutter free now.. Black Hole has still bad stuttering. Genie still stutters as well. 8,4 GB free space.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Sales of Big Shot stand alone must have been really low for them to have done this.

Which is a shame, because Big Shot is great and Genie is awesome. This coming from someone who grew up in the late 80's, early 90's.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Genie is a good game for folks who have difficulties falling asleep.

I don't consider €4,49 'a bargain', this gives me a fun table and a cripled one as a bonus.

Haha, good one.

I buy always both to support Farsight anyways. Only tables I dont own are BOP and Star Trek.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
I thought Big Shot was bad, but Genie tops it by a considerable margin. The table has 5 flippers and looks pretty good, I just can't work out why it's such a chore to play.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I'm guessing it's just an oversight - they didn't realize how many possible combinations there could be and it would get complex, fast/

Think about it: Genie, AFM, AFM Pro. You want to offer them all Genie+AFM+Pro, or Genie+AFM, or AFM, or Genie, or AFM+Pro. That's 5 options (out of the 8 possible - the other 3 make no sense, after all). Offering all those combinations is just plain old confusing at this point - how do you explain it to the user?

Plus, I think the Genie+AFM combo was cheaper this time around - $4 instead of $5 typical, so it's really $4 for AFM (which is how the big tables usually cost) and $1 for the "lame" table) and Genie is thrown in for free.

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
No, the pack is at its usual 4,99$. And I can totally understand night.
Why should he pay for something which he doesn't want?

night

May 18, 2012
I see it like this: Let them make 2 great tables and I'll buy them. But Genie; First it gives me stutter problems (platform related issue on my device, ignored by FarSight), second, I don't want it, why do I have to pay for it? Their new policy is: get more cash from the user base. Same thing with the 'pro' option, please! Turn off the family mode.. how old is the majority of the TPA users? There was a recent poll here, most, if not almost all of us are grown-ups, but I have to pay extra to turn the family mode off (and some other goodies we can live without): get more cash from the user base in any possible way. I don't like that. Make the table, put everything on and in it, make sure it runs well and pay per table, charge a €1 more per table, fine, no prob. Use the time you have spend to make Genie to fix problems instead. How many of us are playing Harley Davidson? That's my point, it's bulk. Make 1 great table each month and stop the nonsense.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
If you played on a console, you'd never have had the chance to buy only one table. Be grateful that you at least could have avoided HD.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts