How do table updates work?

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
Hi guys,

I heard from someone that every so often when opening TPA tables they get a message saying "Your table is updated, do you want to download the update?"

I've never had this message in the history of my time with TPA (several months), so I'm wondering if mine needs reinstalling or something. (iPod touch 4g, iOS 6.) I still have old, old bugs like the troll bomb problem in MM.

Do you get prompted for table updates in iOS? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Mine automatically downloads updated tables when I try to launch them.

Troll bomb bug is still present for me too

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
Mine automatically downloads updated tables when I try to launch them.

Troll bomb bug is still present for me too

Hmm, I've never had a previously-downloaded table show any indication that it's downloading an update. You get a progress bar or something?

(As an aside... can't believe the troll bomb bug is still there. It's been months and months and reported so many times.)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Yep. I get a progress bar. No Good Gofers was updated with the last update, so if you own it you should see it redownload.

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
Yep. I get a progress bar. No Good Gofers was updated with the last update, so if you own it you should see it redownload.

I own a few of the tables (MM, ST:TNG, TZ Pro, ...) and haven't had a single progress update *ever* since I first bought TPA! Only when I first download a newly purchased table.

Hmm. I guess I need to submit a bug.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
If you reinstall, it will then download the most current version of each table, as you will have to install each table. Your game center information will stay, but you will lose all your goals within it.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
you probably have to update the app at the app store first (i suppose that goes without saying). and then, next time you try to access a table that has been updated, it will automatically download. there is a cancel button to interrupt the download, but the update happens automatically.

i don't think any of the tables you listed have been updated recently. (TZ was only updated on Android)

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
you probably have to update the app at the app store first (i suppose that goes without saying). and then, next time you try to access a table that has been updated, it will automatically download. there is a cancel button to interrupt the download, but the update happens automatically.

i don't think any of the tables you listed have been updated recently. (TZ was only updated on Android)

Thanks for the feedback. The problem is, I've updated the app several times since first buying it (for each new table release), and I've *never* had a table update. Not once. Only when I buy a new table does it download.

Is there any way for me to check the version of the tables I have, and compare with other iOS users here?

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
what tables do you own?

the only way i know of would be to observe some known differences between the tables. for example, the old version of Black Hole would repeatedly toggle the "gate" open and closed while a ball was on the inverted playfield. on the current version, once open, the gate stays open until the ball drains back to the main playfield.

on Big Shot, on the old version, if you paused and restarted while the bonus was still counting after a ball, the first ball on your next game would collect zero bonus and the drop targets would not reset.

on Black Knight, the machine would sometimes award two extra balls instead of one.

on Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot, the current versions have some weird glitches with the DMD cutting out during certain animations. (the Big Wheel on BoP, for example, the reward is only shown for a split second)

Members online

Members online