Continued delays are *really* beginning to irritate me.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I realize **** happens, but what is happening is ****

I really wanted to play big shot, and it appeared completely ready but they delayed it only for promotional reasons (to release TZ first) but then TZ gets delayed... which in turn delays big shot..

and not only has this happened with virtually every ps3 dlc release, but I fear the problem is worsening...

:mad:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Try to have patience and not stress over things you can't control. It will only put you in a bad mood when there's nothing you can do to change the situation.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
No, let him vent , that's all we CAN do . His feelings mirror my own , Im not gonna turn into a troll with the game , but seriously we Sony and 360 guys have supported this game with every last bit of good faith you can expect, and Im so sick of being left behind Android and IOS , and the other formats . and when these guys have the balls to complain to FarSight that THEIR needs aren't being met??? Holy crap , I get steamed .

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
It is pretty frustrating but it could be a lot worse. Look at the people that bought the 360 version of the game. I'm sure Farsight would love to get the tables out, and they are at least releasing TZ and pack 7 on back to back weeks. That's a show of good faith as far as I'm concerned because they're risking cannibalizing their own sales.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Try to have patience and not stress over things you can't control. It will only put you in a bad mood when there's nothing you can do to change the situation.

thank you deepak chopra.

I'm not stressed out over the lack of pinball and am not put in a bad mood by it. I said it's irritating. Does everything that irritate you cause you stress and a bad mood? I hope not.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Do remember that Sony and Microsoft have much more strict policies regarding game releases than iOS or Android. For Android, there's no approval - you just post it and it's there. If there's a major bug that crashes or wipes your phone, Google may halt sales. Or not. So Android will always get the latest version first.

iOS requires submission to Apple, and it takess roughly 1-2 weeks from submitting before it's posted on the store. Apple just does a quick verification that makes sure it plays on every device it's supposed to (the current models - iPad mini, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, and maybe even the older models 3GS and iPad 2 that are still supported), and that the app runs reasonably, the description is adequate, and the screenshots are from the game (note: the developer used to be able to change them post approval, but no longer as people were posting deceptive screenshots post-approval). Given the volume of submissions and the fact most people don't make it through the first time (usually things like the game crashes on startup, etc).

Amazon does similar things with t heir Kindle app store.

Microsoft and Sony though really want to make sure your game is as free of bugs that are considered showstoppers - basically your game should run flawlessly and as spec'ed. Frequent updates are highly discouraged (Microsoft charges $$$$ for this, Sony probably as well but big lawyer NDAs keep devs quiet), as games are supposed to "just work" and not require downloading an update every single day to play. Given Farsight's bug history, I suspect a lot of back-and-forth over this.

It's probably why the Xbox360 side is taking so long before submission - the publisher is probably doing extensive testing of the game inhouse (to save $$$) and finding issues that Farsight has to resolve in order to go further.

Basically, Microsoft and Sony are tired of the PC-like frequent patch release cycle - and expect games to work even without the ability to update them (makes less sense for TPA since it's a downloadable, but perhaps the internet connection is unreliable). So they both have long drawn out release cycles because releasing a non-working POS is not an option. Hell, they probably do UI testing as well - entering and exiting menus to see if there's a memory leak that causes it to crash after an extended period.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I totally respect Microsoft and Sony for their QA, and one of the biggest issues with this console generation is definitely the developer slack we're seeing nowadays, knowing they can always patch a game later, they ship their game without spending too many months on testing, well aware that the consumers will find the bugs for them.
I know this sounds a bit like a tinfoil hat, but working in software development myself, it makes perfect sense. It's how things work, almost everywhere. A company boss must be as economically aware as possible, and spending extra paid hours at stuff that can easily be cut in half and tucked away until after release is an obvious loss to the company.

It's been a problem with PC games since internet connections became a widespread accessory, and from this generation on, consoles have inherited it. If Microsoft and Sony didn't have some sort of quality assurance along the way, it would hurt them as distributors. When you download a game from their services you can always expect to have a thoroughly tested product, as opposed to most mobile and PC apps. I hope this turns out great for FarSight in the long run, as the biggest gripes everyone seems to have with their product is exactly an apparent lack of QA.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
It's too bad Sony can't use some of their strict QUALITY ASSURANCE testing they enforce on small 3rd party devs on that NEW PSN STORE setup ? Oh yes lets improve the new store design by making pages load slower and making searching and account lookup into a treasure hunt , I just wanted to know my wallet balance , why did it take me 25 minutes to find it?

It's improved now , that last update has speeded up the loading times , however it's not as easy as old store design .

FYI , you can now use the PC SOny site , log in to your account and add funds to your wallet from a PAYPAL account. No more having to cater to Gamestop or brick and mortar stores if you need funds .

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
It's too bad Sony can't use some of their strict QUALITY ASSURANCE testing they enforce on small 3rd party devs on that NEW PSN STORE setup ? Oh yes lets improve the new store design by making pages load slower and making searching and account lookup into a treasure hunt , I just wanted to know my wallet balance , why did it take me 25 minutes to find it?

It's improved now , that last update has speeded up the loading times , however it's not as easy as old store design .

FYI , you can now use the PC SOny site , log in to your account and add funds to your wallet from a PAYPAL account. No more having to cater to Gamestop or brick and mortar stores if you need funds .

+1 That's one of the things I don't like about the Playstation. It sucks! They better get this right for the PS4.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I don't like the wait for new packs, but I can live with it if it means games that play right from the get go. The leader-board and other bugs on the last pack I bought put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. So sour I haven't bothered to see if they've been fixed yet.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Say what?!?

Tabe

Yes, Farsight was advised by Sony's experts that the TwilightZone add- on might be construed as infringing on the 3rd Twilight Film which came out the day DLC was originally scheduled to premiere on PS3 . So taking that advice , they pushed the release back , and we've been in limbo since . I know some would like to cover this up , but let's make them feel as stupid as they deserve to, and just maybe they will stop pulling "bonerz" like this.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Yes, Farsight was advised by Sony's experts that the TwilightZone add- on might be construed as infringing on the 3rd Twilight Film which came out the day DLC was originally scheduled to premiere on PS3 . So taking that advice , they pushed the release back , and we've been in limbo since . I know some would like to cover this up , but let's make them feel as stupid as they deserve to, and just maybe they will stop pulling "bonerz" like this.

wtf? that is hilarious.... farsight is ridiciulous

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts