Question about High scores on MM

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Im trying to learn MM. This table is hard for me. I have a high score of 67M, which puts me in 10,000 place or thereabouts, i guess this is the table in which i suck the most. The farthest i habe been is achieving all the necessary Madness shots but missed the castle beat to start the battle for thhe kingdom.

I notice the high scores are 6 Billion. Im just wondering how long it takes these guys to accomplish this. I guess I need to master all the right left ramps and loop shots. They seem somewhat more achievable than in ATM.

Any suggestions on what shots to practice first? Any suggestions whatsoever

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Practice hitting the castle. Destroying castles is worth major points. You can easily get 80+M by destroying Payne's castle. (Edit: and I think destroying castles after that are worth 1M per gate hit and 10M per castle).

Then practice hitting the left ramp (Peasant). What you want to do is hit it so reliably that you can build massive hurry ups because stacking up castle hurry ups is worth a LOT of points. They build quickly - first one is worth 1M, second 3M, third+ increase by huge amounts. Stack 'em up!

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Do you think this is a strategy that canbe or is used to get on the top ten spots on leaderboards (1Bill pts)? That seems like an interesting strategy.

I have been working on the table and I have brought my score from 67M to 242M. And beat that battle of the kingdom. It felt so great. However it still feels really far from a leaderboard top guys.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I would expect castles and hurry ups to be the main way to get to 1B - BftK gets you a quarter of the way there, but it's really a dangerous way to play. Shooting castles, ignoring trolls (just wait it out) etc., generally is a safer strategy.

Hurry ups are 1M, 3M, 5.5M, 8.5M, 12M, 25M, possibly more.

Destroying castles is wroth 71M in total.

Of course, having fun, play it all! Tournament play scoring is really quite boring making predictable safe shots to your way to top score.

The Peasant ramp has the advantage is it's trivial to pass the ball to the right flipper to hit it again (keep left flipper held up and it'll fly off it to the right. On older TPAs, you could reliably catch it if you kept both flippers up, but now it's a bit more random. Keeping the right flipper down should allow an easy catch though.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
From what I can see after the first round of castles which gives the 71 Million you mention, we seem to get in a bonus castle hitting ( I ran the Pro Menu ball control to test this)

So in this rounds you need to hit the metal gate for eight times worth 750,000k each and that lowers the metal gate. After that putting the ball inside the castle gives 7.5Million, and it starts over again for a total of 13.5Million for each round.

So, if we repeat this a hundred times we will get in the 1.35Billion or in other words hitting this round 100 times will put you on potentially top 10 places. Unless the bonuses grow geometrically or any other detail I may have missed. Jeez, seems tough to get up to 6 billion for the top spot. I can barely achieve around 3 extra rounds of these. I need to practice hitting that castle consistently

Am i getting this right

Thanks

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
as I mentioned on the other thread:

"Once you complete BFTK if you can get into the bumpers often enough you can rack up a huge multiplier which really opens up the big scores."

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
yeah I think the multiplier maxes out at X250. But with the victory lap/ultra combo after completing BfTK + jackpots I think my bonus was 150-200 mil last time I got a high score.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.