Bug Mac Version 1.1.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Mac version 1.1.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Freep

Jun 4, 2012
2.7GHz i5 27" iMac w: 12GB 1333 MHz Ram running 10.8.2

STNG:
Still no "Poker with Riker" on Mac version.

AFM:
-plunger requires tediously long hold with spacebar (as though a spring plunger?); using a trackpad to launch requires an upward flick on the ball and won't work by clicking the launch button
-when entering a high score, keyboard switches letters but the mouse has to be used to register each letter. On STNG and some of the DMDs hitting the space bar works fine. PLEASE make this consistent. I've noticed this inconsistency before and it's tedious guessing how your interface works on each table!
-Strobe Multiball doesn't strobe at all. It's called STROBE.
-And the worst, the Family Mode is a ridiculous default. I've never even heard of this before and have never played a table that had it turned on. We don't deserve to have to pay for a Pro Table to adjust this, preventing all our table achievements and scoring for something that, seriously, could be left off as a default. NO child has a credit card to pay for these tables and no one on Earth or Mars could possibly be offended by the funnier recordings absent in the family version. There is no justification for this. Less a bug, which we all have varying degrees of patience for, and more of a patronizing insult. Please change this on the next release. This is not the table I paid for and the prudish default is more insulting than not.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
AFM:
-plunger requires tediously long hold with spacebar (as though a spring plunger?); using a trackpad to launch requires an upward flick on the ball and won't work by clicking the launch button
This is a no-brainer. Launch should be instantaneous. Very annoying. There is no obvious argument for a delay.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Device/OS: Mac 10.8.2

Bug Description: Bumpers are off. You hit a lot more often on RL. Super Jets is a common occurrence on RL.

Steps To Reproduce: 1. Get ball to jets 2. Watch ball fall through with 0-2 hits

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: This detracts significantly from the simulation.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Device/OS: MBP 2.3 GHZ i5 8GB RAM / 10.8.2

Bug Description:ST:TNG Final Frontier camera changes to launcher view.

Steps To Reproduce:Start Final Frontier

Frequency:Every time since last update.

Additional Comments:While the mode can still be played, the viewing angle is hardly optimal since you can barely see the balls in the inlanes.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Device/OS: iMac 2.93 ghz i7, 8 gb RAM, 10.8.2

Bug Description: On CV, the DMD is still a problem. The images are too high on the display and get cut off, especially the score.

Steps to reproduce: Play the game

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
How does one get 5 balls on Attack From Mars?
I clicked 5 entered the game but still only 3 balls??
Thanks.

Jay

May 19, 2012

Bug Description: The backglass images used for the table menu system get cut off on the left, as if they're beyond the edge of an invisible frame.

Steps To Reproduce: The menu looks normal at launch. Start a game. End it and go back to the table menu. In Full Screen mode, the images are cut off. If you go back to windowed mode, the images go off the edge of the window.

Additional Comments: I do like the new menu system, though it would be nice if the table list scrolled with a mouse or trackpad.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012

Bug Description: A weird graphics glitch when the game starts: the window is filled with a scrambled view of whatever was last on the screen. It happens just for a few seconds.

graphics-bug.jpg

Steps To Reproduce: Launch the game

Frequency: Every time (and it's been that way since the first version)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
The Mac version of this app still has the debug mode built in. I created another video to go along with my report.
Accessing some of the features in debug makes the app crash. I'm assuming this is a result of not being able to access
resources required for the developer engine.

Last edited:

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Have you ever figured out what key combination is used to get to that menu or could somebody from FS tell us? I'd like to experiment with things like the NGG ramp transparency. Who knows, we might stumble on a fix that works for our particular machine.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Have you ever figured out what key combination is used to get to that menu or could somebody from FS tell us? I'd like to experiment with things like the NGG ramp transparency. Who knows, we might stumble on a fix that works for our particular machine.

You need a 360 controller as the button presses do not correspond to keyboard keys. Press Y for the normal in-game menu, and B for the debug menu. Beyond this you'll need to figure it out on your own, as I didn't post this here to help people exploit the bug.

ryonomiko

Feb 18, 2013
Joined because sending an e-mail to here a few minutes ago failed (recipient unknown)
"Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com"

My e-mail was in regards to iMac (NOT iOS) version. Cannot play poker with Riker. Someone commented that they could not, to which there was no answer. So is that the case or it should be working (like it seems to do froma a cooment by an iOS user in a different thread). Or am I doing something wrong? ("when you have a choice between 25 million and the holodeck simulator, if you hold down the ball launch and press the right flipper, instead of the simulator, you play a hand of poker against Riker")

iMac 27 inch, OS 10.8.2

Also, Pro Mode (Kickstarter backer), some of the options don't seem functional. Like explore the playfield. And for others, I seriously have no idea what they should do (and there sure isn't a help file!). Any expectation of them working? If so, when?

Was there any Star Trek or TZ update in 1.1.1?

N

netizen

Also, Pro Mode (Kickstarter backer), some of the options don't seem functional. Like explore the playfield. And for others, I seriously have no idea what they should do (and there sure isn't a help file!). Any expectation of them working? If so, when?

Was there any Star Trek or TZ update in 1.1.1?

table menu>pro menu>help>manual

This will download a PDF of the tables operators manual. Be aware that the manual isn't a step by step set of instructions. You will have to go to the specific section re: the feature adjustments; or which section you are needing infos on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.