Point of the Initial Table Pack?

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been playing TPA for a couple months now. I'm posting in this forum because I have the version from the Amazon App store even though I'm mainly playing it on a Nook HD+. I've been looking at the table packs and I see that most of them save $1 vs buying the tables separately. The one exception is the Initial Table Pack ($8.99) which includes Theatre of Magic ($2.99), Ripley's Believe it or Not ($3.99), and Black Hole ($1.99). By my calculations the Initial Table Pack costs 2 cents more than buying the tables separately. While it's not a big deal, I just don't get the point of this pack. Am I missing something? Wouldn't it have made more sense to price it at $7.99?

I'll probably eventually end up getting at least Black Hole and Theatre of Magic because I like both of them. I'm not really liking Ripley's. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking some element of the Initial Table Pack. Anyway, keep up the good work. This is a really nice game even if it does have some bugs (which I hope will evenutally be ironed out). I wish I could afford all the tables but money is very tight so I have to pick up the best tables little by little.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes, the initial pack was 4 tables and included TOTAN. I think TOTAN was priced at $.99 by itself. If you bought the paid version of the app, then TOTAN was included as part of the purchase price.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Yes and no. I think Tales of the Arabian Nights may have been part of the Initial Table Pack at some point but it is not anymore. Some of the "buy me" boxes in the game do mention TOTAN but I think it was just an oversight by FarSight. The version of TPA currently available on the Amazon App store is free and comes with the full version of TOTAN (though not the pro version).

BTW, I agree that TOTAN is a great table but it's free with the Amazon version of TPA, thus it adds no value to the Initial Table Pack. I would like to add that I think it's great FarSight gives away TOTAN because it gives people a good way to try out TPA for free and see how great it is. I also love how you can try all the tables (up to a certain score) before you buy them. This feature has certainly helped sell me a few tables. Now if only some other Pinball games would adopt this feature. (*cough* Zen *cough*)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Hm, I got TPA through Google Play, and I didn't get TOTAN with it. So you're saying TOTAN is in the free version of TPA if you get it through Amazon?

On XBLA, you get all four original tables with a purchase of the base game for 800 ms points, and that's required before you can purchase any other table pack.
Also, the only games you can try demos of without purchasing them, are BH, TOTAN and RBION.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Yeah, there appear to be some difference between getting it through Google Play and the Amazon App store. The Amazon version comes with the full version of TOTAN. I believe the Google Play version allows unlimited play of a different table each month. It's too bad you can't run both versions on one device.

I went with the Amazon version because you can use it on pretty much any Android device, as well as a Kindle. The Google Play version can't easily be run on a Kindle. I'd also rather Amazon make the money than Google. I'm not sure which version FarSight makes more money from but it would be interesting to know. The down side to the Amazon version is that it gets the updates later than Google.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
The whole point of the initial table pack is to have more fun than $8.99 should legally allow.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts